Round 5 Discussion

The game was decided in the opening 30.

The Raiders were great during that period. Hodgson controlled the game beautifully, Sezer kept it going and the forwards completely did a number on the Bulldogs. Vaughan, FPN, Boyd & Tapine all had better games than their opposites.

Their tendancy to fall asleep is concerning and they have far too many boneheads to make any serious waves. They should still make the 8 but it's all gravy.

Canterbury will make the 8 as well, but the future looks bleaker. They had no direction, their halves couldn't match the Raiders and the forwards tried but couldn't get over the top of the Raiders. This is the bed they've made themselves and now they have to lie in it, as a fringe 8 side who will probably get in because the game rewards boring no-thrills one-up the ruck, kick to corners footy.

Raiders will fight hard but lose the second half. Mbye will win it for the Dogs on the back of an awesome second half by the dogs forwards.

Mybe is nothing. He is only good when his team is attacking when Canterbury are stuck in their half or need their halves to get them out of trouble he goes missing and Reynolds does it for them, that was clearly evident tonight.

I was going to tip the Raiders with Sezer and Austin back but decided on Canterbury and I regret it now but had a reasonable week 5/8. Liked what I saw from Sezer and Austin they did very well considering they just came back from injury, they did some very good things for their team.

I had a feeling the Raiders were a good chance last night. They dominated the forward battle and defended so well. Full credit to them. Ricky has built himself a really nice team this year. Quality halves and a big forward pack with depth.

The Bulldogs were way to complacent. It was like the just thought turning up to Belmore would get them the two points because its their "spiritual" home ground and they are entitled to it. Canberra had a lot more hunger in attack and defence and stood up to the Dogs forward pack. There will be quite a few things taken out of this game being the Williams blatant trip (he should miss some games over that), the fan throwing the glass bottle at the Raiders bench & Klemmer punching the Raiders prop.

The game was decided in the opening 30.

The Raiders were great during that period. Hodgson controlled the game beautifully, Sezer kept it going and the forwards completely did a number on the Bulldogs. Vaughan, FPN, Boyd & Tapine all had better games than their opposites.

Their tendancy to fall asleep is concerning and they have far too many boneheads to make any serious waves. They should still make the 8 but it's all gravy.

Canterbury will make the 8 as well, but the future looks bleaker. They had no direction, their halves couldn't match the Raiders and the forwards tried but couldn't get over the top of the Raiders. This is the bed they've made themselves and now they have to lie in it, as a fringe 8 side who will probably get in because the game rewards boring no-thrills one-up the ruck, kick to corners footy.

Papalli?

I believe if the raiders can keep this side on the field all year and fine tune a few things i belive they are a top 4 side this year, any side with a forward pack like that is always going to be in contention. i applaud ricky, his signings are probably the best in the league players like hodgson, whitehead, sezer he takes the risk and signs them on small but long deals and so far it has payed off for him

Last edited:
I believe if the raiders can keep this side on the field all year and fine tune a few things i belive they are a top 4 side this year, any side with a forward pack like that is always going to be in contention. i applaud ricky, his signings are probably the best in the league players like fensom, hodgson, whitehead, sezer he takes the risk and signs them on small but long deals and so far it has payed off for him

Fensom?

I believe if the raiders can keep this side on the field all year and fine tune a few things i belive they are a top 4 side this year, any side with a forward pack like that is always going to be in contention. i applaud ricky, his signings are probably the best in the league players like hodgson, whitehead, sezer he takes the risk and signs them on small but long deals and so far it has payed off for him

I really don't like giving Stuart for anything, but you're right, they made some good signings. I'm amazed Sezer is so apparently considerably cheap, when guys like Mbye and Norman are asking for so much more. You could see he always had talent, but it's hard to show it consistently at the Titans.

I wouldn't say I like the Raiders as a club or anything, but they are exciting to watch, like the Tigers used to be, and they just happen to have a lot of players I like. So I tend to look forward to their games as a (distant) second to the Broncos ones.

I'm glad somebody else gave him a rap.

Papalii has had a strong start to the season. If he could eliminate some of the soft efforts in his game, he would be THE backrow of the competition. I'd still have him right up there and believe next to Hodgson he's the Raiders most dangerous player.

The other day, I just felt it was important to rap the players who made the biggest difference from the previous Saturday to Monday. The forwards did a real number on the second best middle forward rotation in the game (Cowboys would be my #1 by the by) and the kicking game from Sezer enabled them to remain in control through out.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Jedhead
  • Fitzy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Shane Tronc
  • BroncosAlways
  • winslow_wong
  • Culhwch
  • Porthoz
  • Wolfie
  • Dazza 92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Financeguy
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • sooticus
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Maroon4life
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.