Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

Thing is, why would a club sign Milf on 300k when they could simply play an up and coming junior who's probably just as fast as him, probably has a better passing game, and has the drive and desire to improve? The only thing you can say is that Milf has a decent long kick, but even that is hit and miss.
Dave Taylor syndrome. Somebody will think they can get him back to his best

Thing is, why would a club sign Milf on 300k when they could simply play an up and coming junior who's probably just as fast as him, probably has a better passing game, and has the drive and desire to improve? The only thing you can say is that Milf has a decent long kick, but even that is hit and miss.
I think you've nailed it there... if the salary cap auditor is anything to go by (yeah right 🙄 ) then he probably shouldn't be able to accept a contract for anything less than $300k-$500k, but who in their right mind is going with that deal.

Super league beckons where he can just tear them apart for 1-2 years, win the man of steel and then try and jag a 4yr retirement contract back in the NRL

I think you've nailed it there... if the salary cap auditor is anything to go by (🤣🤣🤣) then he probably shouldn't be able to accept a contract for anything less than $300k-$500k, but who in their right mind is going with that deal.

Super league beckons where he can just tear them apart for 1-2 years, win the man of steel and then try and jag a 4yr retirement contract back in the NRL
Tbf to Milf, he should look at what Benji did. His form plummeted pretty badly after his union escapade but he reinvented himself, not to the level he was but still a good player. Depends on his desire really If he wants to do it.

Basically he needs to roam around and chime in when the time is right alongside a controlling 7 with a good kicking game.
I'm not convinced he'll ever be top tier even with a halfback like that. That sounds like what a fullback does and he just wasn't into it at all.

Deardon isn't ready, Croft can't execute and we'll look past any expensive halves which come up.

I have an inkling that we'll end up re-signing Milf on a lower and shorter contract and then try him at 7 with Staggs at 6.

Tbf to Milf, he should look at what Benji did. His form plummeted pretty badly after his union escapade but he reinvented himself, not to the level he was but still a good player. Depends on his desire really If he wants to do it.
Interesting connection considering Benji said Milf was a shit trainer and got into shit for it. Maybe Benji tried to help him and Milf said nah? Wouldn't be the first time Milf has rejected a legends help.

I think Joey, Billy and JT nailed why we aren't getting the best out of Milf. You watch him go elsewhere and become effective again
I dunno what they said, but IMO he’s a one man band trying to overplay his hand. He needs an experienced halfback to do the boring game management stuff and let him play what he sees. It would be really tempting to see how he would go playing with Reynolds if they could get him, provided he took a decent pay cut. But the clubs backed themselves into a corner with Staggs at 6, which has disaster written all over it.

Our forwards hung in there tonight against the Bunnies middle so Milford can't use the excuse of playing behind a losing pack. His last tackle options were again shit tonight and they release any pressure that Souths could have been under. We also struggle to defend a mistake and especially a poor ref decision which there were a few tonight. That's just a lack of experience and an ordinary captain. The one common denominator is Milford at 5/8 and Kevvie needs to bench him for a few weeks and give Dearden and ? a go. Desperate times call for desperate measures and it's not like we could be any worse with Milford out for a few weeks.

Interesting connection considering Benji said Milf was a shit trainer and got into shit for it. Maybe Benji tried to help him and Milf said nah? Wouldn't be the first time Milf has rejected a legends help.
Could be, but it does show players can come back from bad spells. It's all about attitude.

Deardon isn't ready, Croft can't execute and we'll look past any expensive halves which come up.

I have an inkling that we'll end up re-signing Milf on a lower and shorter contract and then try him at 7 with Staggs at 6.
This is what I had thought of but dared not utter.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Galah
  • Painin the Haas
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • cento
  • bazza
  • Justwin
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.