PRE-GAME Round 6 - Raiders vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Game on the line and we take one out hit ups. What the hell
At that stage of the game I think field position was vital to getting within range to make a play that could've won the game. Sure, we could spread it wide early but that doesn't always work and can result in unforced errors, being taken into touch, lost possession etc. Raiders had us well covered for most of the game in that regard. There's also the option to go for a hail mary play but they rarely come off and I don't think you'd have been happy with that either.

In all seriousness, they should've been down to 12 men at that stage but the refs fucked that didn't they?

You weren't happy with one out hit ups, you made that clear, but you haven't suggested what we should've done to win the game.

At that stage of the game I think field position was vital to getting within range to make a play that could've won the game. Sure, we could spread it wide early but that doesn't always work and can result in unforced errors, being taken into touch, lost possession etc. Raiders had us well covered for most of the game in that regard. There's also the option to go for a hail mary play but they rarely come off and I don't think you'd have been happy with that either.

In all seriousness, they should've been down to 12 men at that stage but the refs fucked that didn't they?

You weren't happy with one out hit ups, you made that clear, but you haven't suggested what we should've done to win the game.

To be specific it was the last set of the game, 15 to 30 seconds to go on the 4 th tackle and Payne haas took a one out hit up. Every player was screaming for it. We were already in their 30m zone. I’d rather see the ball in the hands of niko, Milford etc. even if Payne was looking to pass it would be more threatening. That’s what was frustrating at the time. And yes they should have been down to 12 players but in my opinion, you had to throw the ball around to have any chance of stealing the game at that moment. Key point is “at that moment”. Final set, 4th tackle, in their 30, no time left.

To be specific it was the last set of the game, 15 to 30 seconds to go on the 4 th tackle and Payne haas took a one out hit up. Every player was screaming for it. We were already in their 30m zone. I’d rather see the ball in the hands of niko, Milford etc. even if Payne was looking to pass it would be more threatening. That’s what was frustrating at the time. And yes they should have been down to 12 players but in my opinion, you had to throw the ball around to have any chance of stealing the game at that moment. Key point is “at that moment”. Final set, 4th tackle, in their 30, no time left.
That's fair, I thought you were referring to the entire last set. I'm still ok with how the game finished. The falcon try was complete fluke and those will go our way some games.

That's fair, I thought you were referring to the entire last set. I'm still ok with how the game finished. The falcon try was complete fluke and those will go our way some games.

the falcon try should have been a penalty to us ... CNK was offside and there was absolutely no way he was passive

I think falcons should be a knock on. It’s a stupid rule

the falcon try should have been a penalty to us ... CNK was offside and there was absolutely no way he was passive

Exactly right , was a joke of a call. But 2 try's leilua's 2nd and Whiteheads (I think) were piss poor. Haas should have stopped Whiteheads, as I've said elsewhere that's 2 in 2 games that have been crucial. Rookie reads is what it is and people need to realize these things are going happen , especially with all the youngsters we have.

Exactly right , was a joke of a call. But 2 try's leilua's 2nd and Whiteheads (I think) were piss poor. Haas should have stopped Whiteheads, as I've said elsewhere that's 2 in 2 games that have been crucial. Rookie reads is what it is and people need to realize these things are going happen , especially with all the youngsters we have.

Him playing 60 something and then 80 mins as a middle forward doesn't help either. Especially at 19, you aren't going to be switched on all that time. There's no reason for him to play so many minutes so early on in his career.

Him playing 60 something and then 80 mins as a middle forward doesn't help either. Especially at 19, you aren't going to be switched on all that time. There's no reason for him to play so many minutes so early on in his career.

I agree and as I've said elsewhere these young guys need to get rotated to keep them fresh.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • NSW stables
  • lynx000
  • Morkel
  • Cavalo
  • cento
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Maddy
  • Harry Sack
  • Hurrijo
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • pennywisealfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Accept
  • Spoon
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.