Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Te Maire Martin gives me Karmichael Hunt vibes. I don't think it's just me either. Something about the way he plays - like, he looks like he always has plenty of time to do things, and has a no nonsense approach about him. He will be valuable if he can stay injury free.
The Maire Martin has always sort of reminded me of Milford in some ways too. He may never hit the highs of Milford, but he also probably won't hit Milford's lows either. If he can continue to build and gain some more confidence, we may get a some of the good attributes of Milford in attack without all the bad parts, at a fraction of the price.

He is also the perfect style of player to complement Reynolds too, whether it's at fullback or in the halves. He has good ball playing ability, a good short kicking game, and a strong running game, and all these things will only improve once he finds his feet again. For the first time since Boyd, we've got a playmaker at fullback.

I'm just happy for the guy. I hope he stays injury free and absolutely kills it for us.

I still can't fathom what anyone at the club sees in Tesi. He's legit just a cheaper isaako but slower. Not saying TMM is the answer long term either, but Tesi is certainly not.
For a long time now we have produced completely average players, and have incorrectly placed them in the 'future superstar' bracket. I am not sure who is to blame for that. Either our talent scouts have been incorrectly identifying players, or our development of these players have been sub-par and they've never reached their potential. Either way, something has to change.

For a long time now we have produced completely average players, and have incorrectly placed them in the 'future superstar' bracket. I am not sure who is to blame for that. Either our talent scouts have been incorrectly identifying players, or our development of these players have been sub-par and they've never reached their potential. Either way, something has to change.

comedy central GIF by Workaholics

The Maire Martin has always sort of reminded me of Milford in some ways too.

Not as flashy and doesn't have the blinding speed the Milford has/used to....IMO
More of a natural ball player than Milf.

I said in another thread TMM reminds me a lot of Scott Prince.

Oates is clearly not a big thinker but if we give him simple instructions (catch ball, run it hard on exit sets, run to that spot), he has the size and strength no other winger in the comp can match. I definitely want to see him retained.
I know Oates plays it up with the media that he isn’t smart but he’s not a complete potato. The wing to second row line he ran in this game is nothing new for him, he ran this line several times before over the years and ,imo, something he wants to do (based on things he has said in pressers). It’s great to see it again and maybe Reynolds had a hand in bringing it back which is cool too
Meanwhile some of our backs are still struggling to work out kick returns while Oates always goes hard and low for a quick ptb. I’ve also seen him kick a grubber that we scored from as well.

tldr. I don’t think Oates big dumb dumb. Maybe little dumb dumb but give him a bit more credit pls. Also Rava and T’oo very strong.

I think a large part of this is that our scouts have been looking at the big and fast athletes who dominate junior grades by just trampling smaller kids. However when they play men who are just as big and fast, they struggle because they did not have to develop the footy IQ and other skills of the game.

So we have athletes instead of footballers.

I am hoping this changes as mozer and Gray are sounding like they have a good grasp of the game and are not only reliant on athletic ability to be successful.

Unread

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Morkel
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • MrRobot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.