Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

As usual, it's the tale of two coaching styles.

On one side, you have Bellamyball: grubbing it up and wrestling your opponents into the ground, dominating the ruck as a result and then playing footy with 2 future immortals after your opponent has been frustrated out of it.

For our part, it's classic Bennettball with a healthy dose of stupidity and poor attitude to go with it. One out hitups, some of which completely useless by the likes of McGuire, stupid errors and decisions in crucial moments due to a complete lack of leadership from the captain, and rocks and diamonds performances from your marquee player. Score a brilliant try down one end, then lazily stand and watch as your opposition winger scores an easy try under your nose which could have easily been avoided.

I'm not even gonna get started on the referees because what the **** does it matter at this point. This comp is farcical and the so called "drop kick try" is just about the stupidest shit I've ever heard of. You would find better management on Sesame Street.

The day that the likes of Smith and Slater retire should be a public holiday. I'm sure NSW won't object to that. As for Bellamy, frankly you can keep him Melbourne. The moment that insufferable style of footy comes to my club, all is lost.

CBF with individual player discussion.

We looked under prepared, lacked motivation and disorganised. We had zero mongrel for most of the match and leadership looked to bounce around.

Shot ourselves in the foot time and time again.

Feel for milf. He's busting a gut out there but no one is going with him.
Yeah he busted a gut to get to that ball that vunuvalu score from didn’t he....

CBF with individual player discussion.

We looked under prepared, lacked motivation and disorganised. We had zero mongrel for most of the match and leadership looked to bounce around.

I think we looked up for the game at the start, but as usual we were mentally weak

Yeah he busted a gut to get to that ball that vunuvalu score from didn’t he....
Yeah he fucked up there but outside of that he did everything he could. Not his fault his runners don't cut back on the inside.

Too many off their game. Right side defence has become a worry, a few of younger guys seemed off their game today, actually most of the side did apart from Lodge and Pangai. I'd give those 2 a 7 and the rest a 4. We just dont compete with Melbourne.

Good effort we should be proud. Mistakes and missed changes got to us in the end.

Milford made a mistake but he had a brilliant all round game well done to him.

No lodge or Macca next week is concerning. Nikorima just doesn't work in the halves

Yeah he fucked up there but outside of that he did everything he could. Not his fault his runners don't cut back on the inside.
He kept running sideways to the left.

Where the **** has our offloading gone to? Where is Pangi and the likes running hard and offloading? At least half of Melbourne’s tries came from an offload after somebody bent the line and drew in the extra defenders.

I’d rather go out fighting then play a boring one out hit up game that we get dominated at anyway.

Lodge, Glenn and Milford tried hard. The rest were ordinary or worse.

Where the **** has our offloading gone to? Where is Pangi and the likes running hard and offloading? At least half of Melbourne’s tries came from an offload after somebody bent the line and drew in the extra defenders.

I’d rather go out fighting then play a boring one out hit up game that we get dominated at anyway.

Did you not see TPJ offload to Glenn?

Pangai tried hard as well

Played for 30 mins tonight. Which is 30 mins longer than half games this season. Something has to be rotten. Looks like didn’t bother training as a team again this week. So why bother this week?

Opaic wasn’t great but did the guy screw Bennett’s new missus the way he gets treated?

Glenn got 2 line breaks. Clever strategy play so innocuously no one bothers to mark you at all. One thanks to a shove from winger and other I could got through without spilling my drink.

A loss is never pleasant but let's not be too liberal with the sour grapes.

We were prepared to get down in the trenches with Melbourne tonight, and didn't show the surrender that has typically characterised these contests. The injection of Bird, TPJ and Lodge has given us a dose of mongrel we were sorely lacking.

Milf laid on a try, an assist and a 40-20, despite not taking on the line as much as he could. Not taking the ball dead for Vuni to score was a huge error, but that aside, his best game of the season.

A dropped ball from Oates, a kamikaze run from Sims, and a questionable try to Billy, and we were well in it until the last ten. Considering how slick the play was when Melbourne got a shot at our line, that's fair effort.

We still have a load of work to do, but I've seen enough the Last two weeks to know we've turned a corner. Still a work in progress but I see the fight and the fire is back. Carry that and we'll start banking wins.

You can whinge about the completion rate and errors, fair enough. But let's not have excessive salt over Melbourne tactics or refereeing decisions. Cracking game.

Unread

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • levikaden
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.