Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I thought Seibold had all the speeds and velocities timed down to the milli seconds
He does, you should see him in action. It's a beautiful whirlwind of hands, jaw and tongue working in perfect harmony.

By all means, please say more. I'm not sure WTF you are getting at here:xxxx:.

Poor Darius. He has stayed on 2, going on 3 years too long. And he still has the option of another year after this! That is all WBs doing. Can't blame Seibold at all for that.
Can't blame Bennett either, it's the CEO who does the negotiating re: contract values and lengths. And I absolutely can blame Pies for picking Boyd. Unless the ghost of Wayne Bennett still lurks the red hill coaching rooms, drawing up team sheets.

Just a rant form a fan
Make the team play touch footy for like. 4 hours straight every week .
1 improve ruck and line speed !!!!!!!
2 passing the ball /running / set plays
Looking for holes and overlaps and running decoys.
3 improve fitness
4 improve combinations

It won’t help any thing in defence but at least help with some sought of attack .
I agree with the team need to be running on to the ball more after a quick play the ball standing a bit deeper will help this
Croft and Milford need to get the ball at first receiver more deeper run a few metres then make a decision pass / run with the edge forwards running decoys or lines. Milford needs to get his hand on the ball on every set even running on the same side as Croft Thurston had the ball at least once or twice every set .
No passion
They need to get angry like take a game personally ffs.
No talk or leaders telling the team how it is , like getting up the forwards or backs not marking up or just getting fired up after a shitty ref call.
you just wonder what is Seibold doing all week it can’t all be stats and numbers and video replays.

Defence they need to rush the defence in a line put more pressure on the attacking team.
Forward pack need hunt as a team
Run forwards ethier side of the ruck.
Instead of the one out shit .... run as a pack
They get slammed poor hass at the moment is getting gang tackled atm.
Ok rant over ...........
I don’t have all the answers and I’m no coach but from a fan point of view this is what I feeling frustrated and angry
The talent is there .....

Just a rant form a fan
Make the team play touch footy for like. 4 hours straight every week .
1 improve ruck and line speed !!!!!!!
2 passing the ball /running / set plays
Looking for holes and overlaps and running decoys.
3 improve fitness
4 improve combinations

It won’t help any thing in defence but at least help with some sought of attack .
I agree with the team need to be running on to the ball more after a quick play the ball standing a bit deeper will help this
Croft and Milford need to get the ball at first receiver more deeper run a few metres then make a decision pass / run with the edge forwards running decoys or lines. Milford needs to get his hand on the ball on every set even running on the same side as Croft Thurston had the ball at least once or twice every set .
No passion
They need to get angry like take a game personally ffs.
No talk or leaders telling the team how it is , like getting up the forwards or backs not marking up or just getting fired up after a shitty ref call.
you just wonder what is Seibold doing all week it can’t all be stats and numbers and video replays.

Defence they need to rush the defence in a line put more pressure on the attacking team.
Forward pack need hunt as a team
Run forwards ethier side of the ruck.
Instead of the one out shit .... run as a pack
They get slammed poor hass at the moment is getting gang tackled atm.
Ok rant over ...........
I don’t have all the answers and I’m no coach but from a fan point of view this is what I feeling frustrated and angry
The talent is there .....

I’m no coach either but it looks like it is this:

60% coaching issue
30% player issue - lack of effort, no hunger, entitlement
10% other - This is the part that needs to be discovered and sorted out, I suspect it is an issue with team culture but I don’t know what it is or how to Fix it but this is the disconnect between the club, the coach and players and fans.

Man, a few dud calls in this game and the lads dropped their heads. There needs to be a stronger mentality within the team. Less panic, more determination.

The only positive I can get is Isaac Luke has proved to be worth getting rid of Macca and infact should be our starting 9 for the rest of the season.

The only positive I can get is Isaac Luke has proved to be worth getting rid of Macca and infact should be our starting 9 for the rest of the season.
Ooooh, I dunno. Turpin is pretty good at 9. Luke and he would be a good combination.

Man, a few dud calls in this game and the lads dropped their heads. There needs to be a stronger mentality within the team. Less panic, more determination.

The soft tries conceded had nothing to do with dud calls though.

The soft tries conceded had nothing to do with dud calls though.
The first try was off a blatant knock on.

I haven't watched a replay but on the Lisone try I believe Peachey was at dummy half. Did he get back onside before running down the field?
Also I believe the ref sent it up as a no try yet the fucking idiot video ref was "checking to confirm that Proctor hasn't touched it"... why are you looking to confirm he hasn't touched it if the onfield ref has called it a no try. Benefit should've been with the onfield decision unless he clearly didn't touch it, and I'm not sure it didn't hit his forearm.

Those two calls led to tries so it would've been 10-12 nil going into half time instead of 22-0 or maybe less because there wouldn't have been as much panic from Niu leading to the intercept

Last edited:
Ooooh, I dunno. Turpin is pretty good at 9. Luke and he would be a good combination.

I doubt Turpin has had enough time yet to develop into the organizing, game managing hooker we need just yet. Promising signs, yes, however, we need Luke to take on this role, and, it again shows what we really needed: BOTH an organizing half and the same in a hooker.

After Hunt left and with Macca not being the mid field general we needed, the writing started to appear on the wall and we are now reading that loud and clear.

Seibold can be criticised for keeping a shoddy defence, for not adapting to the new Rule as he admitted, but he is trying to play with the hand he has been dealt by the club.

Last edited:
I doubt Turpin has had enough time yet to develop into the organizing, game managing hooker we need just yet. Promising signs, yes, however, we need Luke to take on this role, and, it again shows what we really needed: BOTH an organizing half and the same in a hooker.

After Hunt left and with Macca not being the mid field general we needed, the writing started to appear on the wall and we are now reading that loud and clear.

Seibold can be criticised for keeping a shoddy defence, for not adapting to the new Rule as he admitted, but he is trying to play with the hand he has been dealt by the club.
This is so true.

We really fucked it up back when we let Ben Hunt go. Sure, he looked busted as a Halfback and arguably as a Bronco too, so maybe it was just better he moved on, but we really missed a huge opportunity to persist with turning him into exactly the kind of Dummy Half he is naturally good at and is ideally suited to the modern game.

Instead of getting a jump on a lot of other clubs in adapting and embracing the importance of a play making Dummy Half in today's game, we're now way behind the eight ball and we're left hoping and praying Harry Grant comes onto the market in 2021.

Last edited:
Instead of getting a jump on a lot of other clubs in adapting and embracing the importance of a play making Dummy Half in today's game, we're now way behind the eight ball and we're left hoping and praying Harry Grant comes onto the market in 2021.
Though Grant was still contracted to the Storm for 2021.
The tigers also have said they want to keep him for next year so I don't know we would even get a look in.

Though Grant was still contracted to the Storm for 2021.
The tigers also have said they want to keep him for next year so I don't know we would even get a look in.
If Smith plays on in 2021 then Grant is able to pursue a deal elsewhere, or so the theory goes.

Imagine being Melbourne though, and you're so confident in your own recruitment and retention that you can let your brightest prospect go and spend a year doing an apprenticeship with another club, safe in the knowledge that you'll almost certainly get him back after that year.

If the Broncos had anything close to that level of confidence we'd have done the same with the likes of Paix and Dearden instead of letting them languish on the sidelines without anywhere to play or stay match fit for the year.

Last edited:
If Smith plays on in 2021 then Grant is able to pursue a deal elsewhere, or so the theory goes.

Imagine being Melbourne though, and you're so confident in your own recruitment and retention that you can let your brightest prospect go and spend a year doing an apprenticeship with another club, safe in the knowledge that you'll almost certainly get him back after that year.

If the Broncos had anything close to that level of confidence we'd have done the same with the likes of Paix and Dearden instead of letting them languish on the sidelines without anywhere to play or stay match fit for the year.
Yep that's why they're miles ahead of us on the field.

This is so true.

We really fucked it up back when we let Ben Hunt go. Sure, he looked busted as a Halfback and arguably as a Bronco too, so maybe it was just better he moved on, but we really missed a huge opportunity to persist with turning him into exactly the kind of Dummy Half he is naturally good at and is ideally suited to the modern game.

I guess the hope is that Turpin delivers and becomes our Harry Grant which in part comes down to Luke delivering as a mentor to Turpin, and fixing our middle organisation while is hooker

I guess the hope is that Turpin delivers and becomes our Harry Grant which in part comes down to Luke delivering as a mentor to Turpin, and fixing our middle organisation while is hooker
Grant looks like a once in a generation talent. Turpin has done a really admirable job since coming into the NRL, but I think it's probably fair to say he's very unlikely to ever get to that level of elite Dummy Halves.

Grant looks like a once in a generation talent. Turpin has done a really admirable job since coming into the NRL, but I think it's probably fair to say he's very unlikely to ever get to that level of elite Dummy Halves.

I tend to agree. Turps however needs this year, under Luke's mentoring, to show what he can do. Either way, it again shows where the club has failed us in regards to the glaring and obvious need for a proper spine to control and organise both attack and defence

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.