Round 7 Discussion

I've had a look at the no try again and I honestly can't see how that is a no try.

The Eels player does impede Brooks, but at the speed he was moving across, there was no way he was going to stop that try from being scored.

The obstruction rule is a little ridiculous. It was too black and white at first, then they changed it to whether the player impeded would have been able to stop a try and now it's back to black and white again..

If the Manly obstruction is a try, that should have been a try.

There is no consistency with these video refs. Even having former players in there didn't help much.

Last edited:
WOW! How is that a no try but the Manly one is?

Because Manly get the rub of the green.

Greg Bird did the squirrel grip last night & the player pushed him in the face & he fell to the ground like he had been shot.

Last edited:
The video referee is not to blame here. You can assume the ball touched the line but there is no conclusive evidence that it is, and you need that to overturn a decision. The video referee correctly ruled as he was supposed to, it is the on field officials who are to blame for sending it up as a no try.

The main question for me is, given that being able to see the line is important in so many decisions, why aren't the cameras set up like most other grounds with the correct angle to make the decision.
I think the bunker idea has merit but part of the consistency should be every ground has the same number of cameras in the same places.

The main question for me is, given that being able to see the line is important in so many decisions, why aren't the cameras set up like most other grounds with the correct angle to make the decision.
I think the bunker idea has merit but part of the consistency should be every ground has the same number of cameras in the same places.

Agreed, and the corner cameras should be the super slo-mo variety, like you get for the tennis. Also they should remove the corner posts to get a better view.

But, no amount of super slo-mo will save us from the Manly try.

You can't remove the corner posts, they're actually super useful as a kicker so you can tell where the field ends.

Normally I would give you the :finger: but I actually did lol.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Santa
  • Redux
  • Justwin
  • kiwibronco
  • Mister Wright
  • theshed
  • Fitzy
  • Ondi
  • Socnorb
  • Wolfie
  • bazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.