Round 7 Discussion

The Eels comeback also gave me a perfect round of tipping.

Serious question, how long until Griffin gets sacked?

Cleary's style of play is quickly being overwritten by Griffin-Ball (we know it all too well) so clearly he's running them into the ground. The supposed top 4 side are looking more like a "making up the numbers side" more and more every week.
He has brownie points from last year's strong performance but they have Parra, Bris and NZ in the next three weeks. Lose all of those and he is probably history.

He has brownie points from last year's strong performance but they have Parra, Bris and NZ in the next three weeks. Lose all of those and he is probably history.
Reminds me of when he coached another club.

He's more an assistance coach if anything, manages players well but can't take a team to the finals without a "Lockyer" to do all the work.

Unfortunately Moylan isn't of that calibre.

Reminds me of when he coached another club.

He's more an assistance coach if anything, manages players well but can't take a team to the finals without a "Lockyer" to do all the work.

Unfortunately Moylan isn't of that calibre.
You are spot on in your assessment. I was stunned when Gus hired him, he obviously payed no attention to the unprecedented lows that he took the Bronco's organisation to. It's not going to end well.

I swear on one of the shows, TV or radio, someone said that Gould is in their coaching as well but he'll just deny it.....could be a case of too many cooks tbh

My memory says that Griffin was hired because Cleary was to soft on the players, and Griffin was a noted disciplinarian. My guess is that Gus wanted Griffin to be a public figurehead, and the guy to keep the players in check, but the coaching direction, playing style, and recruitment/retention would be all Gus. Whether he gets Griffin to implement those things, or the assistant coaches, who knows.

I don't see much Griffin in the way they are playing. If he were pulling the strings, they would be far more conservative and have a stronger defensive mindset. Instead, it's a bunch of young, exciting attacking players who look good throwing the ball around but don't have the resolve to hold out when the passes don't stick. That's either because the team is simply not putting the attention in to defence, or overall there is not as much team harmony as you'd want.

Either way, Griffin is fucked, whether it's his fault or not. Gus wouldn't have needed a disciplinarian if the younger players were putting on their big boy trainers and keeping in line, so it suggests there is something going on behind the scenes. But if they're still playing up, and the brats haven't learned from a week off, then they might end up with a Tigers situation.

Doesn't help when your captain gets himself in trouble. Hook still doesn't know how to pick a captain, you don't just pick your perceived best player to be the guy, you pick your best leader.

Just caught something amusing on the highlights for the Eels vs Tigers game, at the end of the game where the Tigers were desperately trying to pack a scrum before 80:00 to get one last play in it and fell just short, Nathan Brown was clapping and being a smartass, then he went to pat a Tigers player on the back to G them up, but stopped mid pat because he realised it was Mitch Moses, who might be his team mate next week.

Way to think on your feet Nathan.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Porthoz
  • Spooky1013
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.