vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Matterson, Dylan Brown and Waqa Blake are due back for the Eels.
All three are good inclusions for us. I don't rate the second two, and if Matterson means Papalii gets less minutes, even better.

depends which week you're talking about
They are 5-1 which is pretty damn good IMO. I don't think they will win the comp but they will be thereabouts . I wish I could say the same about my Bronx.

They are 5-1 which is pretty damn good IMO. I don't think they will win the comp but they will be thereabouts . I wish I could say the same about my Bronx.

true they are 5-1 but they don't look good every week.

this past weekend they looked like world beaters
the weekend before that they looked like they would be lucky just making up the numbers in the 8

and we've already competed against them once this year, and if it wasn't for having only one man on the bench for most of the second half, we wouldn't have been run down (but shhhh, only the Roosters can use that as an excuse)

This was pretty accurate I felt:

I think Freddy nailed it in terms of us not knowing where to get our points and a perfect example of that is doing a settler straight into a block play even if the ptb was slow.

They need to be understanding what they're working for inside the 20m and how they get it, so when it happens they can recognise it and react off the back... quick ptb, second phase play, disrupted defensive lines, 1v1, overlaps, etc.

I think that is the reason we look so clunky... there's guys that barely know their roles yet let alone what they could or should be doing inside the 20m.

We also lack strike power throughout the team... as they said it's basically TPJ's offload game or Coates aerial game. There's not many players in our team that can create from very little... or even finish off when it's put on a platter (our conversion of linebreaks to tries must be horrendous)

I think Freddy nailed it in terms of us not knowing where to get our points and a perfect example of that is doing a settler straight into a block play even if the ptb was slow.

They need to be understanding what they're working for inside the 20m and how they get it, so when it happens they can recognise it and react off the back... quick ptb, second phase play, disrupted defensive lines, 1v1, overlaps, etc.

I think that is the reason we look so clunky... there's guys that barely know their roles yet let alone what they could or should be doing inside the 20m.

We also lack strike power throughout the team... as they said it's basically TPJ's offload game or Coates aerial game. There's not many players in our team that can create from very little... or even finish off when it's put on a platter (our conversion of linebreaks to tries must be horrendous)
It’s because for 3+ years we’ve gone to Milford every time and the team has never done anything else outside the sweep play when Boyd was at the back (and was good).

They’ll be learning to do it themselves, which can only be a good thing, after a while anyway

It’s because for 3+ years we’ve gone to Milford every time and the team has never done anything else outside the sweep play when Boyd was at the back (and was good).

They’ll be learning to do it themselves, which can only be a good thing, after a while anyway
I used to bag them out for only having the sweep play but now I’m craving for it. Too bad isaako would never pass it to the winger

Eels take the fish we rejected:

We bashed the shit out of them in the first half of round one. If we build off last week and put two halves together we could win it.
Two halves? Like Croft and Dearden 😏

Mead to centre. Farnworth back. Levi in. Kennar, Asiata out.

Eels v Broncos   Broncos

damn, just realized I'll miss the game as I'll be on a plane.

I'm impressed with Bull's interview. Especially when he said in response to Deardon "he's somebody you want to put your body on the line for being a forward".

Such commitment from one so young. He's definitely his own man. I think he reminds me of a smarter version of Tunsa. I'm waiting for the day when he gets a bit more NRL experience and puts in a hit to match.

Asiata being dropped I can't agree with, would of dropped Flegs TBH, Put Asiata as 13 and move Carrigan to bench.

Do agree with Levi coming straight on though, he has alot of first grade experience will be very useful to keep Turps sharp. Herbie is back so we will be much stronger on the Left, Mead is too good to be dropped ATM deserves his spot in the team but might be less effective as centre.

Herbie is back, we’ve got this.

Also, this just so happens to coincide with my boycott of the weekly voting now being lifted. All 3 for Herbie thanks @McHunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kman
  • Bronx48
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Strop
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Inknition
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Galah
  • Morkel
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Culhwch
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.