Round 7 Historic Match - Broncos vs Eels

That’s the ‘90s Broncos right there. Their ability to make something out of nothing was extraordinary.

Geez talk about a try out of absolutely nothing that was a shocker of a pass, the Eels should have been all over that.
[automerge]1587725146[/automerge]
And a great conversion from Lockyer gets them back into the lead.

Last edited:
Other than Jarrod Croker, who else wears headgear in the NRL today?

Is that Raper getting carried off the field? 3 times in one game, geez.

Jeez Renouf was so good. You give him the slightest sniff and he will make you pay for it.

Locky was very busy in this game.

There was a period in the mid 90's where Sailor wore headgear.

Of all the headgear wearers, I feel like Tony Martin stands out to me because of the uniqueness of his headgear with the orange bit on top.

There’s not many is there. Watching this game there is about 4 players alone. Definitely a dying accessory.

Headgears were definitely more common in the 90’s.

I really don’t understand why it’s not a common thing in today’s game, especially in the forwards.

Headgears were definitely more common in the 90’s.

I really don’t understand why it’s not a common thing in today’s game, especially in the forwards.

Because it really does nothing to absorb impact or reduce concussions. It's best protection is against cauliflower ears that you get, mostly in union, from sticking your head in a scrum and getting your ears all munted up. Take a look at Dallas Johnson's ears and you'll see what I mean. Nathan Friend I can only assume wore it for that reason.

My kid wears head-gear but it's more a placebo to give him and his mum re-assurance. Maybe Ponga grew up wearing it for the same reason and it's just part of who he is now.

Dallas+Johnson+Melbourne+Storm+Media+Session+n_bH1PDfy33l.jpg

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • LGH
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosarethebest
  • peter09
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Skathen
  • broncos4life
  • Alec
  • ivanhungryjak
  • KateBroncos1812
  • heartly87
  • leon.bott
  • Manifesto
  • FACTHUNT
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.