Round 8 Discussion

Be very interesting to see what Su'A gets for his shoulder charge from that game. Imo it was worse or at minimum equal to Offa's.

No doubting Offa's had the Broncos tax applied so Su'A will probably miss no games with a plea.

not charged

Curious as to how people stack up the current FB's.

I'd always had Gutho in the same tier as CNK, comfortably behind the big 4 (Teddy, Turbo, RTS, Ponga) but now I'm thinking he may have bridged the gap and actually influences games more than RTS. Papenhouzen doesn't look like the stud we thought he might be last year either, Deouhi and Edwards have improved massively, Hoppa was playing well pre injury. Ponga has been quiet last few weeks too while Latrell runs hot and cold.

Do people still think RTS is up there, just struggling in a poor side?

For mine the top 10 currently is:
1. Teddy
2. Turbo (when fit)
3. Ponga
4. Gutho
5. RTS
6. CNK
7. Latrell
8. Holmes
9. Papy
10. Hoppa
Missed out: Deouhi, Dufty, Edwards.

Going to limit the list to 10 as there are a few sides who don't even know who their best FB is (i.e Bronx, Titans) and others that can't keep them fit (Sharks).

Edit: Totally forgot Holmes and Dufty!

Last edited:
@The True King agree with the top 5. 6-10 looks good too but there’s not much in it. And yeah Gutherson is getting right up there, I always thought he was kinda limited but made up for it through energy and fitness, but he’s got more to his game than I realised.

Last edited:
Addin Fonua-Blake will get a 2 match suspension with an early guilty plea for calling Atkins a "fucking retard". charged with a grade 3 contrary conduct charge.

i expected a fine of some description

Greg McCallum (Former referee and match review chairman) says he should be suspended for 5-6 weeks
Lol, I knew it. He was never getting more than a week or two.

**** off. We need to pay SF to cut the footage and send it to the NRL, while flooding social media with it, just so these crooked ***** don't think they're getting away with it. There is no consistency for similar incidents, the only consistency is which teams get shafted and which get protected.
I still haven't seen the incident. Was it cut and dried?

I still haven't seen the incident. Was it cut and dried?
I'll see if I can find a clip. It's absolutely at minimum the same as Offa's. To me it looked worse. I know it was in the 30th minute because I tweeted about it 😂

Last edited:

Active Now

• Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Wolfie
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  • Griffo
  • Tim K
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behold
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.