Round 8 Historical Match - Broncos vs Sea Eagles

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
This week we have selected the Minor Preliminary Semi Final of the 1993 NSWRL season

The match will be streamed live on Facebook and Youtube at 7:30 pm Friday 1st May 2020

Enjoy!!!

Broncos
Manly
1. Julian O'Neill
2. Michael Hancock
3. Willie Carne
4. Chris Johns
5. Wendell Sailor
6. Kevin Walters
7. Allan Langer
8. Glenn Lazarus
9. Kerrod Walters
10. Mark Hohn
11. Trevor Gillmeister
12. Alan Cann
13. Terry Matterson

14. Peter Ryan
15. Andrew Gee
16. John Plath
1. Ivan Cleary
2. Craig Hancock
3. Danny Moore
4. John Devereux
5. Jack Elsegood
6. Cliff Lyons
7. Des Hasler
8. David Alexander
9. David O'Donnell
10. Ian Roberts
11. Tony Iro
12. John Jones
13. Owen Cunningham

14. Chris Ryan
15. Col Bentley
16. Jamie Olejnik
Coach: Wayne BennettCoach: Bob Fulton
Officials: Greg McCallumVenue: Sydney Football Stadium

Ah ****, I forgot to mention this is going to be pushed until tomorrow night.

I had a few technical issues and was not able to resolve them before I left for work. I was meant to post a message before but I got caught up.

Simulation of round 8 match against Manly in the meantime lol

that Antonio Fafitastein goes OK.

Tune in 7:30PM tonight to watch the Broncos taking on the Sea Eagles in their quest for back-to-back premierships.

And we’re live.

Wow what an effort from Matterson to get it to Kerrod Walters for a try, always was a quality ball playing lock. Sloppy play of the ball there, should have been pulled up. Matterson showed some great footwork there in a set that should have led to a try.

Last edited:
What an effort from O'Neill to score that try, Manly had plenty of players to stop him there.

Horrible pass there from O'Neill to Sailor, Sailor did extremely well to even handle and gather that ball.

Manly getting away with a fair bit. Strips, forward passes.

Wow what a bone rattler on Roberts from Gillmeister.
[automerge]1588413511[/automerge]
Manly getting away with a fair bit. Strips, forward passes.
Manly in the 90's were the Storm of the modern era, get away with everything.
[automerge]1588413633[/automerge]
Oh yeah Sailor! Kevin Walters lovely draw and pass.

Last edited:
Dell with hair, crazy. Quite thin too.

Deserved try to Matterson but doing his shoulder in the process. Matterson has been the Broncos best so far in this game.

Last edited:
Man, times really have really changed. Can't believe Manly fans actually crossed the bridge back in those days

#BulldozeBrookvale

NRL have Brisbane V Manly in Rd 1 in 88 on YouTube as well.

I know they love to bang on about how much tougher it was back in those days, but only 3 minutes in and I’ve seen something that’d be a penalty at a minimum in every tackle so far.

it’s far tougher as far as physical fitness goes these days, but back then it seemed like an achievement to just get through the game without having your face permanently rearranged. At the same time, the players on the receiving end just got up and played the ball no fuss. Interesting viewing nonetheless

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.