vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not a fan of Carrigan starting this game.
Cant see us losing regardless.

Cons: Sydney. 2 wins on the trot already. We'll be emotional wanting to win for Cap. No back rowers on the bench. They had a good win last week.

Pros: Our bench is better. We have already beaten them once. Their good win last week was against 12 men and they still only won by 3 tries, where we outscored a top 4 team, 3 tries to 1. We'll be emotional wanting to get a win for Cap.

I started off tipping Broncos by 5. I changed it during the week to Souffs by 9. I'm back on Broncos by 5. I also got 3 hours sleep lastnight (thanks kids)...GIDDY UP!!

Walters:

“We’re expecting both Kurt and Payne to play next week, but it depends on how quickly they can recover. Kurt’s injury has been aggravated over time. He hurt himself the other day drying himself with a towel. His recovery has been good and Kurt was training with the guys on Wednesday, which is a good sign. If you saw him Sunday or Monday, he was in a fair bit of pain. Knowing ‘Capes’ and the professional he is, he will be doing everything he can to be right for next week.”

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but thankfully Turpin has been dropped out of the squad.

View attachment 18206
That's an odd looking bench... who's this Moale bloke?? I'm guessing he's a prop... although could be a second rower with no Host and Arrow typically moving to the middle after an initial stint on the edge

That's an odd looking bench... who's this Moale bloke?? I'm guessing he's a prop... although could be a second rower with no Host and Arrow typically moving to the middle after an initial stint on the edge
Moale is one of the most promising young front rowers coming through who has basically skipped Flegg and gone straight into the NRL system. Very raw but was Haas-like in SG Ball.

Don't fret about this match, South's fear us more than we fear them. South's have absolutely no reason to feel confident and we're up for this. Have some cash on them at juicy odds!

Great, now we're going to lose.

Moale is one of the most promising young front rowers coming through who has basically skipped Flegg and gone straight into the NRL system. Very raw but was Haas-like in SG Ball.
How about this Peoples bloke??

Burgess dropping out of the team is interesting... their bench suddenly looks light and may be reliant on these young props to fill the gap

How about this Peoples bloke??

Burgess dropping out of the team is interesting... their bench suddenly looks light and may be reliant on these young props to fill the gap
I'm surprised they've named him in the starting side. Trent is a former Dragons junior who has had to ply his trade in NSW Cup to develop his game and mature physically before getting his shot. He reminds me a bit of Matt Prior who came up as an edge backrow but didn't quite have the acceleration to trouble in the position.

I expect him to put forward an honest effort without being too outstanding.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Adam tries too hard and we capitulate early without haas and capes. Hope to be proven otherwise.

I'm surprised they've named him in the starting side. Trent is a former Dragons junior who has had to ply his trade in NSW Cup to develop his game and mature physically before getting his shot. He reminds me a bit of Matt Prior who came up as an edge backrow but didn't quite have the acceleration to trouble in the position.

I expect him to put forward an honest effort without being too outstanding.
It seems like a lot will be required of Knight and Tatola. Havili will be that stocky bustling middle forward when Murray needs a break, but I'm guessing Arrow will be out on the edge for 80... unless they want to chuck Peoples out there. Seems unlikely though as it won't result in the majority of minutes for Arrow being in the middle.

The other component is how they intend to use Paulo... is he there for injury cover or is it intended for him to come on and move Milne to second row and then Arrow to the middle. That could be a very leaky left edge if it happens (Walker, Milne, Tass and Paulo)

Seems a lot of moving parts going on with the bench put forward... and might be a benefit for us giving that left edge will be coming up against our Reynolds, Staggs and Cobbo edge.

Game might come down to which left edge defends the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • Fozz
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.