PRE-GAME Round 9 - Broncos v Cowboys

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Our defence will need to improve, although the cowboys aren’t real flash in that department either, could be similar game to last week with a lot of points scored.

Following on from @Morkel 's great conspiracy theory, is it possible the NRL and the broadcasters demanded we got a win against the Tits to ensure maximum viewer interest in next week's real derby? I mean I bet many of you were like me -astounded by the number of 50/50 calls that went our way and I even had a mate from Canberra text me during the game asking why the bunker was all of a sudden being so kind to us?
Short answer: no.
Long answer: negatory.

I hope Kevvie mixes up our preparation, because as bad as we are at home, we are much worse away.

Sunday Mail fittest, fastest in the NRL. Broncos section:

Fittest: Payne Haas. VO2 max like a marathon runner or cross-country skier.

Fastest: Ethan Bullemor, Xavier Coates.

Strongest:
Ethan Bullemor. Benches 180kg, outpaces most backs in sprints.

Telstra Tracker top speed: Xavier Coates 37.6kmh (Round 4 v Storm). Third fastest time in the NRL out-sprinting Melbourne’s Josh Addo-Carr in Round 4.

Telstra Tracker total distance covered: Jake Turpin 9.074km (Round 4 v Storm)

Matt Lodge said:

“He’s a freak that kid Bullemore. He’s close to being the best athletically. There’s something in the water out at Springsure (where he’s from) because he’s definitely the fastest forward and the strongest.”

“No one has anything on the big fella, Haas."

McHunt

Sunday Mail fittest, fastest in the NRL. Broncos section:

Fittest: Payne Haas. VO2 max like a marathon runner or cross-country skier.

Fastest: Ethan Bullemor, Xavier Coates.

Strongest:
Ethan Bullemor. Benches 180kg, outpaces most backs in sprints.

Telstra Tracker top speed: Xavier Coates 37.6kmh (Round 4 v Storm). Third fastest time in the NRL out-sprinting Melbourne’s Josh Addo-Carr in Round 4.

Telstra Tracker total distance covered: Jake Turpin 9.074km (Round 4 v Storm)

Matt Lodge said:

“He’s a freak that kid Bullemore. He’s close to being the best athletically. There’s something in the water out at Springsure (where he’s from) because he’s definitely the fastest forward and the strongest.”

“No one has anything on the big fella, Haas."

McHunt

We should give Bullemor a run at Lock and give Cardigan the ass back to bench.

Yeah good thing Gamble has a voice cos he's not too quick haha...the break for Coates' try was right in front of us and there was no way in hell he was getting away from Corey Thompson...who is mighty quick though, to be fair. Well, he was until the ankle incident anyway.

Yeah good thing Gamble has a voice cos he's not too quick haha...the break for Coates' try was right in front of us and there was no way in hell he was getting away from Corey Thompson...who is mighty quick though, to be fair. Well, he was until the ankle incident anyway.

I thought it was pretty funny, his legs were pumping but he wasn't going anywhere.

This will be the first game of the year that I will be going in confident of a win. We should be favorites with the bookies as well. That was a heartbreaking loss for the Cows after winning 3 straight. Had a late game surge and still came up short thanks to errors and silly play. For our part, I think we're gonna take a lot out of that win over the Tits. We've proven to ourselves what can happen when we don't drop our heads into the dirt at the first sign of trouble. That weak mentality died on friday night.

Put your money on us 1 - 12 now before the cash starts rolling in during the week.

This will be the first game of the year that I will be going in confident of a win. We should be favorites with the bookies as well. That was a heartbreaking loss for the Cows after winning 3 straight. Had a late game surge and still came up short thanks to errors and silly play. For our part, I think we're gonna take a lot out of that win over the Tits. We've proven to ourselves what can happen when we don't drop our heads into the dirt at the first sign of trouble. That weak mentality died on friday night.

Put your money on us 1 - 12 now before the cash starts rolling in during the week.

The first 5 minutes will as usual be the barometer of where the side is at.

didn't pan out that way against the Titans ... otherwise we would have lost (as fatty said in commentary) 100-0

Obviously but you aren't going to run down 22 points every week let's be honest.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
  • theshed
  • Brocko
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • the_next
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • The Boss
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BRC088
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.