Round 9 - Broncos vs Storm - Post Match Discussion

Porthoz said:
Norman was better in the halves than Hunt imo, especially in the second half, but desperatly needs to improve on his defense.

I was very disappointed with Hunt tonight. He was basically non-existent IMO, and his defence isn't that much better than Norman's.

Fozz said:
Drinks are on Ning.

Lol, when they announce you're the winner in a room full of roughly 80 people, that is basically the first things that's said. [icon_lol1.

broncospwn said:
The Rock said:
draggx said:
[quote="The Rock":zgcse8x3]
And Draggx - He led the team by his go forward, but he cracked hardcore under pressure and still has a long way to go before he can be classed as a good captain. Playing a good game an setting an example on the field doesn't automatically make you a good captain, it's the critical times in a match when you need your captain to stand up.

That kick was not cracking under pressure, It was simply just "missing a sideline conversion" every player does it at some point.

As for standing up at the critical times, i think Parker did just that in the way he led the team. he was always there standing up ready to take the next run and always putting his everything into it. That inspirses your players and that is a captains job.

The fact all you can fault from Parker in the whole 80minutes shows just how good he was for the team. There was nothing else to really fault because he gave it EVERYTHING. Captains job.

The reason why the kick was missed due to pressure was because of how well he kicked tonight, and how well he has been kicking in the last few weeks. That attempt at goal was diabolical and his worst attempt for months - is it coincidental that it happened to be a kick to win the game?
You're drawing a long bow inferring any correlation between the two.

Even the best kickers in the game miss kicks under pressure, it has nothing to do with leadership. It's a incredibly difficult kick to take for a goal kicker with that sort of pressure, maybe his goal kicking cracks under pressure but that has nothing to do with his captaincy.

There's not many players in the game who would kick that under that sort of pressure.[/quote:zgcse8x3]

No he has a point, Smith missed a kick from a better position earlier in the game that would have put the game out of reach for Brisbane early and as the Storm Captain he should have converted every kick.. But Smith missed a kick and imo is nowhere near ready to Captain the storm.

draggx said:
broncospwn said:
The Rock said:
draggx said:
[quote="The Rock":1v3iibd0]
And Draggx - He led the team by his go forward, but he cracked hardcore under pressure and still has a long way to go before he can be classed as a good captain. Playing a good game an setting an example on the field doesn't automatically make you a good captain, it's the critical times in a match when you need your captain to stand up.

That kick was not cracking under pressure, It was simply just "missing a sideline conversion" every player does it at some point.

As for standing up at the critical times, i think Parker did just that in the way he led the team. he was always there standing up ready to take the next run and always putting his everything into it. That inspirses your players and that is a captains job.

The fact all you can fault from Parker in the whole 80minutes shows just how good he was for the team. There was nothing else to really fault because he gave it EVERYTHING. Captains job.

The reason why the kick was missed due to pressure was because of how well he kicked tonight, and how well he has been kicking in the last few weeks. That attempt at goal was diabolical and his worst attempt for months - is it coincidental that it happened to be a kick to win the game?
You're drawing a long bow inferring any correlation between the two.

Even the best kickers in the game miss kicks under pressure, it has nothing to do with leadership. It's a incredibly difficult kick to take for a goal kicker with that sort of pressure, maybe his goal kicking cracks under pressure but that has nothing to do with his captaincy.

There's not many players in the game who would kick that under that sort of pressure.

No he has a point, Smith missed a kick from a better position earlier in the game that would have put the game out of reach for Brisbane early and as the Storm Captain he should have converted every kick.. But Smith missed a kick and imo is nowhere near ready to Captain the storm.[/quote:1v3iibd0]
[icon_lol1. When you put it that way, I think that's fair enough.

Can't fault our effort tonight guys, it was there, it's just some of the inexperience cost us that game, we shot ourselves in the foot many times with dropped balls, being too flat etc.

I personally couldn't be more prouder of the way we stood up to the Storm tonight, especially without our 4 star players, it was pretty bloody great.

We were in that game up until the 80th minute, IMO - if we had a FULL strength team, we would of won that game by at least 1 converted try. I fear the Storm no more because if THAT is what they dish out to a team without our 4 big named stars, then they are in trouble.

Great game, we lost on the score board....but we won mentally.

Dee said:
Can't fault our effort tonight guys, it was there, it's just some of the inexperience cost us that game, we shot ourselves in the foot many times with dropped balls, being too flat etc.

I personally couldn't be more prouder of the way we stood up to the Storm tonight, especially without our 4 star players, it was pretty bloody great.

We were in that game up until the 80th minute, IMO - if we had a FULL strength team, we would of won that game by at least 1 converted try. I fear the Storm no more because if THAT is what they dish out to a team without our 4 big named stars, then they are in trouble.

Great game, we lost on the score board....but we won mentally.
Well they're no longer a million over the cap so it's a way more level playing field.

And what's the go with Mccullough?
He is playing dreadful at the moment, he offers nothing from dummy-half.
The way he passes the ball doesn't give our forwards a proper run onto the ball, we stand flat footed 95% of the time. Unlike Cameron Smith he dishes the ball out to his troops perfectly with a roll on forward, I wish we had a hooker who could do that, our attack would be so much more deadlier.

Drop Mccullough to Under 20's for a fortnight, he needs to re-focus.
Hunt to no. 9, for 80 minutes.
We don't need 2 hookers playing.

broncospwn said:
Bucking Beads said:
Wallace you have returned, great to see.
He was my MOM, he was awesome, if he can keep up this form when Lockyer comes back then we are only going to get better.

Peter Wallace is your mom? man your dad must have had some beer goggles on that night!!!

Dunamis David Hala was awesome (peeps who went to the game will get that)

So proud of the boys. Love the way the club is going at the moment.

He had nothing on 'Kurt Kostjoy...aw stuff it I won't say the rest of his last name'.

Also, was it just my Broncos bias or did Smith waste A LOT of time?

Big Pete said:
He had nothing on 'Kurt Kostjoy...aw stuff it I won't say the rest of his last name'.

Also, was it just my Broncos bias or did Smith waste A LOT of time?

Nah not your bias, even the commentators said he was.

I can't complain too much about last night's game. To fight back from 12-0 and 22-12 and in the end only really be beaten by a field goal - all while missing Locky, Hodgo, Thaiday and Hannant - is a great effort. Defence let us down a little, far softer than it has been so far this season, but hardly worth getting upset about.

And watching Slater make **** up after **** up was gold to watch! The guy, as great as he can be, can be equally bone headed. [icon_lol1.

Parker's last kick was on the more difficult side for a right-footed kicker. Yes it was an ordinary kick, but I'd hardly call it cracking under pressure. I was more disappointed with the short kickoff. Not just the execution, but I think that kicking long and trying to pin them deep would have been the better option. Really the only thing I could fault Parker on all night.

Don't mind Rocky. He's the same bloke that called Jack Reed and Gerard Beale shit.....

Does Macca need a game in QLD cup???? I'd love to see how Baptiste goes...

Baptiste went well in the 20's game .....

.. he provides good service from dummyhalf, just the way it's supposed to be icon_thumbs_u

So impressed by the effort. Was one of those games where you go in thinking we'll probably lose only for us to look like stealing it. Add two of our missing four and I think we win, even if it was Hannant and Thaiday.

Bit disappointed with $20 on the Broncs at $3.40 into the Suns at $8.20 [icon_non

forgot to say:

great try by reed, incredible stuff.

Maccas gotta spend a few weeks in q cup, bring on Baptiste.

Doesn't feel much like a loss to me. We played so well, even without our best players. We showed we CAN be competitive without Lockyer too which is a massive confidence boost IMO.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Sproj
  • Thelmus
  • achievedrap
  • Griffo
  • heartly87
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Tmac
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • Kev_Guz
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.