Roy Masters: Cat of the Millenium

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Look at this absolutely rubbish article he has written. If he thinks that Origin would be dead if NSW had won 5 series because QLD would have given up, he is farking kidding himself. Seriously, It was IMPOSSIBLE to get tickets to Origin 2006 in Brisbane when we'd lost 3 in a row. It was the NSW supporters who were crying that Origin was dead.

Roy Masters, give yourself an uppercut and knock yourself out. Seriously. You're a douche.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/stat ... 1g65a.html

Not to mention, you've won one MF game and all of a sudden QLD are gone? You won it in the last 5 minutes and were pushed to the limits. [eusa_doh I hope Mal Meninga has seen this article and given it to his boys to fire them up.

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Here is a little quote:
But NSW's 18-8 win on Wednesday night in the second Origin match threatens to bring the Maroons dynasty to an end

If NSW had won five consecutive series from, say, 2000, the annual fixture could well have been dead by now.

The series has survived because of Queensland's desperate, almost pathetic, need to use victories in rugby league as a square-up for a century of perceived slights from south of the Tweed.

As I've said to some other people I know, NSW are so excited because this is the first Origin game they've won that actually meant anything in the context of a series since 2008 game 1! That was 3 years ago! Since then the only win they'd had was the dead rubber in 2009.

Even in our dark times between 2003-2005, the only dead rubber we had was in 2003, and that came after winning 4 of the previous 5 series.

NSW have been in a slump they haven't experienced since the 80s, so their chest beating and cat calling is not surprising.

They really need to learn about how QLD love to be the underdog. Lol. Morons.

I tell ya ... the best thing about game 2 is... did it bring back the hate or WHAT boys and girls?! NSW have reminded us why we hate them so much!... fire up people!

Professor47 said:
I tell ya ... the best thing about game 2 is... did it bring back the hate or WHAT boys and girls?! NSW have reminded us why we hate them so much!... fire up people!

This!!!!

My god was FB a pain in the arse to read that night. They are so smug and add in the fact Gallen and Ennis get off adds more hate

Browny said:
Professor47 said:

This!!!!

My god was FB a pain in the arse to read that night. They are so smug and add in the fact Gallen and Ennis get off adds more hate
+ a triple gazillion!

Professor47 said:

Yes!!!! I've never wanted QLD to win a series as much as this one after the other night. Go Maroons!!!

lol and wasn't it 2 weeks ago they were the worst team of all time. now all of a sudden they've toppled the dynasty.

GAH!

Hates them we do.

mrslong said:
If he thinks that Origin would be dead if NSW had won 5 series because QLD would have given up, he is farking kidding himself.

Between 1992 and 2005, if you take out the drawn series (which imo you can't really count as victories even know QLD retained the shield - a hollow "victory" at best), QLD had only won 3 series to NSW 9 series. Hardly much success, but did origin support from QLD wain at all, let alone die?

That sort of comment just proves that NSW don't get origin.

I don't understand why people need a NSW win to remind them of the hate. I had people telling me all week they were hoping NSW would win to make it a decider in the third game, "that's more exciting" (and they called themselves QLDers). I'm sorry, as a QLDer I can't cop a NSW win EVER! I'm still waiting for our 50-0 win. I hope it's the 3rd game.

Yep. Two people in my house said that on game night. I told them to **** off, and called them Blues supporters all night.

I thought Roy Masters died years ago. Stupid old wanker, not much he says makes sense.

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.