10. Bromwich
11. SBW
12. Burgess
13. Taumololo
14. Gallen
15. Parker
16. Gillett
17. Thaiday

Klemmer, Cordner, Papaali all there abouts.
Lockyer was the decade before in my view but could also be included here.

Shouldn’t Boyd be there over Thaiday?

I think you could strongly argue for Cordner over him. I went on Thaidays origin form earlier in the decade.

My suggested team
1. Slater
2. Hayne
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Radradra
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Bromwich
11. SBW
12. Burgess
13. Taumololo
14. Gallen
15. Parker
16. Gillett
17. Thaiday

No way can you include the self confessed drug cheat Gallen. Took performance enhancing drugs.
[automerge]1577702599[/automerge]
Shouldn’t Boyd be there over Thaiday?

If it was based purely on rep form the Boyd/Inglis left side would be a strong contender.

Last edited:
No way can you include the self confessed drug cheat Gallen. Took performance enhancing drugs.
[automerge]1577702599[/automerge]

If it was based purely on rep form the Boyd/Inglis left side would be a strong contender.
Not purely on origin/rep. I was referring to Boyd Cordner when discussing Thaiday and stated Thaidays origin form edged cordner but I could go either way. Darius Boyd for me doesn't make the side at fullback nor wing.

I included Gallen but I know there are people who will have an issue with it. I don't.

Last edited:
Not purely on origin/rep. I was referring to Boyd Cordner when discussing Thaiday and stated Thaidays origin form edged cordner but I could go either way. Darius Boyd for me doesn't make the side at fullback nor wing.

I included Gallen but I know there are people who will have an issue with it. I don't.

You dont have an issue including a bloke that was cheating to enhance his performance? That for me, in any sport would rule out any athlete.

I think people have forgotten just how good a player Sammy actually was in the back row. He was so damaging for a number of years.

one of my favourite performances from him is when he made JWH his bitch ... from memory it was the round 6, 2015 match

And that was when he was already post-peak.

And was it a contract year?
Likely. Not that it would have mattered, we were handing out contracts to every plodder that wanted one next year. We got 1 more mediocre season out of him before he went plodder for 2.

I'm not sure if it was better, but Thaiday's performance against Melbourne in Round 25, 2016 was really good as well.
I went to that game. It was better than the 32-0 loss on the coldest night of Melbourne winter on 2013. By the end I was just happy for the flames to come on after the Melbourne tries.

My suggested team
1. Slater
2. Hayne
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Radradra
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Bromwich
11. SBW
12. Burgess
13. Taumololo
14. Gallen
15. Parker
16. Gillett
17. Thaiday

I can't put Gallen in any lists after his peptides. His stats dropped significantly once he stopped them.

As good as this team is, the 2000-2010 team would smash it imo.

I'm not sure if it was better, but Thaiday's performance against Melbourne in Round 25, 2016 was really good as well.
Thanks mate, been racking my brain for ages what round that was.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.