Rugby - Wallabies

Why would they do that? Rennie was doing alright, he doesn't have great cattle to work with and Jones just got discarded by England.

Why would they do that? Rennie was doing alright, he doesn't have great cattle to work with and Jones just got discarded by England.

Rennie reportedly has the lowest winning record of any Wallabies coach with more than 30 games ... sitting at 38%

Rennie reportedly has the lowest winning record of any Wallabies coach with more than 30 games ... sitting at 38%

I’d argue he also has the poorest cattle of any Wallabies coach. I mean seriously, would you jump over yourselves to get Michael Maguire?

Considering they came within a few minutes of a win against NZ, France and Ireland whilst obtaining wins against England, Argentina, South Africa, Scotland and Wales he had a good enough year not to get sacked. Really only the NZ smacking and the Argentina and Italy losses were the only major blemishes for a team that never really was full strength whilst already being quite poor talent wise was quite good in a year prior to a World Cup. Get as close to a full squad next year with the pool and finals draw the wallabies have, a semi final was very attainable for Rennie and the squad has demonstrated that they can beat anyone in the world on their day. Really rough to get sacked after that IMO.

Obviously the decision came down to the fact that they don’t have much hope for this WC and didn’t want to give other countries 9 months to get their hands on EJ. For mine it would be 100% the right call after the WC but now I’m not sure. Rennie has spent his entire tenure preparing for this WC a mutual decision surely could have been made from all parties that Rennie leaves after the WC and EJ comes in.

here is a nice chuckle, some rugby copium:

Australia knocked out of the Rugby World Cup for people that give a fat flying ****.

I didn't even know there was a Rugby World Cup happening now.

Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

yeah I knew it was on and was loosely following it but wasn't getting up at 5am or earlier to watch australia get trashed.

union is dead in Aus. they had a chance in 03 after the WC but the private school ***** disappeared up their own arse and that's all she wrote. obviously losing all the time doesn't help but this air of superiority that union has always had, looking down on every other code, the chickens have come home to roost.

the best players will take the rugby school scholarships and then **** off to league.

Where would you rank the major sports in Aus?

NRL
AFL
CRICKET
SOCCER
UNION
Any other

Thoughts?

Active Now

• Strop
  • jd87
  • bert_lifts
  • achievedrap
  • GCBRONCO
  • LittleDavey
  • Midean
  • Brocko
  • Nerd
  • NSW stables
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncs30
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncorob
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Rah88
  • mieko
  • jarro65
  • Redux
... and 62 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.