RUMOR: "Biggest signing in the club's history"

Question to the people that don't want Inglis, what is that based on? Is it just because you feel he screwed over the club?

Question to the people that don't want Inglis, what is that based on? Is it just because you feel he screwed over the club?

I'm worried about his age, I'm worried about his knees, and I'm worried about all the muscles in his legs.

We could get a 22 year old or a 28 year old. One is Dally M centre of the year, one doesn't even play centre, and we need a centre. The choice is obvious.

I'm worried about his age, I'm worried about his knees, and I'm worried about all the muscles in his legs.
Most of this.

Combined with how much money he'd take up.

I don't doubt Inglis could still contribute, but at what cost?

he did screw over the club ...

If he is coming next year, i would love him on board ... if he wants to try and use us to top up his retirement fund from 2017, then he can **** off.

My biggest problem with getting Inglis is the salary he would demand. I think we can use the funds smarter than putting them all in the Inglis basket.

Pretty much . Continually saying he was going to sign with us when he had no intention .As a fan I know I was really was really excited when he was going to be coming here and he ruined it . I'm a delicate flower and it hurt my feelings when he signed with Souths . That being said if the rumours are true and he is coming here I will accept it and cheer for him .

We could get a 22 year old or a 28 year old. One is Dally M centre of the year, one doesn't even play centre, and we need a centre. The choice is obvious.

Most of this.

This. Roberts would probably cost half as much as Inglis. Inglis is on the decline, not just with injuries but will also start losing his speed. Roberts is on the up. In a year or two they may well be on par, except Inglis will cost us the equivalent of a Gillett, Glenn, Kahu, matured Oates, on top of anyone else we'd need to lose for Roberts. Not thanks.

Pretty much . Continually saying he was going to sign with us when he had no intention .As a fan I know I was really was really excited when he was going to be coming here and he ruined it . I'm a delicate flower and it hurt my feelings when he signed with Souths . That being said if the rumours are true and he is coming here I will accept it and cheer for him .

If rumours are to be believed, he was warned by some of our players not to come to the club and his signing was mismanaged. I don't blame him for that.

My bigger issue is the assault of a woman, and involvement with storm cheating. Though Roberts isn't a saint either.

If rumours are to be believed, he was warned by some of our players not to come to the club and his signing was mismanaged. I don't blame him for that.

My bigger issue is the assault of a woman, and involvement with storm cheating. Though Roberts isn't a saint either.

Could you define this ? What signing ? Also whether our players told him to stay away or not is a different issue . He still bullshitted . How many people that want Inglis here have no ill feelings towards DCE for what he did to the titans ? Keep in mind Nate Myles warned him not to go the the Titans .

Could you define this ? What signing ? Also whether our players told him to stay away or not is a different issue . He still bullshitted . How many people that want Inglis here have no ill feelings towards DCE for what he did to the titans ? Keep in mind Nate Myles warned him not to go the the Titans .

Different scenario. DCE signed a contract and back flipped. Greg signed nothing.

I was fucking ropeable at the time but the aren't the same situation.

Last edited:

He hadn't put pen to paper.

Not that I excuse that by any means, he certainly fucked us over. But hell, we would have been fucking his career had he shown up and let Henjak and Gee look after him.

Most of this.

All of this. Plus there'd be an argument every time we have to fly to Sydney/NZ if it's raining.

How so? Boyd's positioning for that last try I take it?

I confess I am biased. For mine, Inglis is the best all round footballer in the NRL. I can' think of anyone who can shred a defence with speed and power like him. I also think his defensive reads and overall FB play are at the top of the FB tree, and put in a team with Milford and Hunt ... wow.

Like I said, I'm biased, and I accept many don't rate him as highly as I do, but having just watched some GI highlights, I am sticking to my guns. For mine, alongside Milford and Hunt, FB or centre, he would have torn the Cowboys apart (and smashed Morgan before he had a chance to offload).

Last edited:
I've gone through about 30 different possibilities in my head which would line up with the current rumours, none of them really work.. I'm at a loss for who could be involved in this big player musical chairs.

Roberts choice is allegedly meant to be a "Surprise", which more or less rules out the Broncos and Rabbitohs.. Which means he's probably headed to Parramatta or Cronulla.. Who would have to release someone to fit him in, and we're supposedly trying to find homes for 2-3 contracted players.. which means we're getting someone big, probably Inglis.. Which means Souths is getting someone big.. And then there's the Titans who are after everyone.. And Dragons..

What a cluster **** of a rumour. I actually have no idea if it'll even pan out, this is like when there's a 5 team trade in the NBA involving 15 players, all it takes is one team to back out and the whole thing breaks down.

I've gone through about 30 different possibilities in my head which would line up with the current rumours, none of them really work.. I'm at a loss for who could be involved in this big player musical chairs. Roberts choice is allegedly meant to be a "Surprise", which more or less rules out the Broncos and Rabbitohs.. Which means he's probably headed to Parramatta or Cronulla.. Who would have to release someone to fit him in, and we're supposedly trying to find homes for 2-3 contracted players.. which means we're getting someone big, probably Inglis.. Which means Souths is getting someone big.. And then there's the Titans who are after everyone.. And Dragons.. What a cluster **** of a rumour. I actually have no idea if it'll even pan out, this is like when there's a 5 team trade in the NBA involving 15 players, all it takes is one team to back out and the whole thing breaks down.

This is essentially exactly what could happen. It all largely hinges on Roberts. If he doesn't do what many think and hope he will, none of the other trades and signings would be possible.... Yet.

This is essentially exactly what could happen. It all largely hinges on Roberts. If he doesn't do what many think and hope he will, none of the other trades and signings would be possible.... Yet.

any idea when all this is likely be made public?

Active Now

• Jazza
  • bert_lifts
  • heartly87
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • Aldo
  • Skathen
  • MrMoore
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncsNBundy
  • RodF
  • Lurker
  • Wendall Taylor
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.