[RUMOUR] Daniel Vidot to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the forums mate!

First post for me lads, be nice :)

Just got back from Straddie for a few days camping, went to the pub and bumped into Gordy Tallis. Was wearing my jersey by chance too haha....anyway. Long story short, I asked him about every name in the Rumour Mill at the moment, and he said that the only one he knows for certain is Vidot.

Cheers.

Cheers for a quality update dude! Hope it happens soon!

My absolute pleasure.

Let's just hope it's the right signing for us. I'm not so sure myself.

Well it can't really hurt us if he doesn't work out.

He'd be handy depth in the event of injuries to our top backs.

Hopefully he kicks on and shows us some of the potential he's supposed to have.

Considering how Kahu was barely even able to move towards the end of the season, and is coming of 2.5 years of injuries in the last 3 years, considering how Yow Yeh hasn't played FG footy in almost 2 years and considering Copley seems to be becoming injury prone himself, I definitely think we need extra backs. Oh, and considering how Oates is a forward and I don't want him turning into McQueen.

So Vidot has size, strength, speed, ability to finish and potential. These are all the things you want in a winger, but Corey Oates is not a winger.

So Vidot has size, strength, speed, ability to finish and potential. These are all the things you want in a winger, but Corey Oates is not a winger.

Exactly.

There's a difference between size (Height; Thin; - Example: Daniel Tupou) and size like Corey Oates, you can tell he's meant to be a unit by the size of his shoulders and such.. and let's be honest, he's not THAT fast.. he may be faster than some wingers these days, but in the overall scheme of things he's a pretty slow winger.

He does however have strength, ability to finish and potential, so who knows, I personally think he could be one of the best backrowers in the world with a few more KG's of muscle and a bit more experience.

I just don't see the downside to signing him.

He has a lot of potential, we lack backline depth and he won't cost a lot of money.

The potential of this signing has me excited because we might finally have a winger who is not only strong, but fast.

Also, if it means Maranta goes down just one position in the depth chart then this is a massive signing for the club.

There's a difference between size (Height; Thin; - Example: Daniel Tupou) and size like Corey Oates, you can tell he's meant to be a unit by the size of his shoulders and such.. and let's be honest, he's not THAT fast.. he may be faster than some wingers these days, but in the overall scheme of things he's a pretty slow winger.

He does however have strength, ability to finish and potential, so who knows, I personally think he could be one of the best backrowers in the world with a few more KG's of muscle and a bit more experience.

While in my opinion he will be a backrower and probably slow a bit as he adds size, he has reasonable speed. He showed that against Newcastle when he outsprinted Uate and Boyd for the corner, leaving Uate grasping at air

dont need another backrower , he will play in the centers if anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Justwin
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • porouian
  • Manifesto
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Browny
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • Brotherdu
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Mighty Bronx
  • BroncoFan94
... and 33 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.