[RUMOUR] Daniel Vidot to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
Haha hands off ya grubs he's not a homesick Qlder.

On Vidot I'd be asking why the Dragons are releasing him, why the Raiders did before I'd be jumping for joy.

that Rugby league news twitter says that he is not a fan of Price and the Dragons have been releasing a few to make a big play at someone (possibly Matulino).

apparently Vidot was on about 200-250k

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Threads

On Vidot I'd be asking why the Dragons are releasing him, why the Raiders did before I'd be jumping for joy.
Within reason I couldn't give a ****. I'm so sick of reading from people 'oh if you knew what they did you wouldn't want them, I know but I can't tell you' it's just slandering people without the guts to back up your claim

On this rumour, for the right price would love to get him

Unbreakable

International Rep
Forum Staff
May 21, 2013
Threads
According to a lot of the dragons fans on other forums, Vidot was rated pretty highly, but was played out of position on the wing / centres, and also has some pretty shit hands and defense at times.. Are we buying a less skilled version of Corey Oates?

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Threads
According to a lot of the dragons fans on other forums, Vidot was rated pretty highly, but was played out of position on the wing / centres, and also has some pretty shit hands and defense at times.. Are we buying a less skilled version of Corey Oates?

No.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Threads
In the u20s he showed a lot of potential, first grade at the Raiders he always did the dirty work out of own end but just for some reason had difficulties catching bombs where noone else was contesting it, got released for reasons I can't say as they weren't made public not sure how he's gone at the Dragons.

Lol his best work was a really really really bad YouTube clip of him singing and dancing, can't find it now though.

Yeah this. He was marked out as a future Origin player iirc. Possibly a confidence thing? My memory on him is fuzzy, but I don't think it was always a problem.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Threads

Pm please :)

Also, my brother would rage. Defamatory remark

Last edited by a moderator:

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Threads
If he is cheap grab him for depth. Has had a terrible run with his hands in the past as previously noted.
I certainly would not guarantee him a spot in the team

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Mar 5, 2008
Threads
I'll be stoked if we sign him - as long as the price is right.

Yeah, he's prone to some seriously dumb mistakes, but a few years ago, this guy was pretty much neck and neck with Yow Yeh for the next opening on the Queensland wing.

There is a lot of potential there, it's just a matter of harnessing it. Patience and hard work - no idea if Vidot is mentally up to it, but it's definitely worth giving him a chance.

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Threads
that Rugby league news twitter says that he is not a fan of Price and the Dragons have been releasing a few to make a big play at someone (possibly Matulino).

apparently Vidot was on about 200-250k
Doubt Vidot would be on that considering the circumstances he was signed under, barely in first grade his final year at the Raiders and first year at the Dragons.

Don't know what's happened at the Dragons but curious if its anything to do with how many ex Raiders they're collecting since he was not very popular with the playing group down there.

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Aug 5, 2013
Threads
According to a lot of the dragons fans on other forums, Vidot was rated pretty highly, but was played out of position on the wing / centres, and also has some pretty **** hands and defense at times.. Are we buying a less skilled version of Corey Oates?
For the record the guy is a rig. If you stood him next to maranta, I know which one I'd rather tackle. I've seen him finish some great movements.

Bull Shark

NRL Captain
Jun 4, 2008
Threads
Would be an excellent addition IMO .. He's young, big, fast and powerful .. Only downside seems to be the occasional bone head play but he's well worth the gamble

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
Would be an excellent addition IMO .. He's young, big, fast and powerful .. Only downside seems to be the occasional bone head play but he's well worth the gamble

I'd take the occasional bone head play in Vidot over Maranta bombing 3 tries every week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeyK

Members online

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.