[RUMOUR] Daniel Vidot to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be an excellent addition IMO .. He's young, big, fast and powerful .. Only downside seems to be the occasional bone head play but he's well worth the gamble

I'd take the occasional bone head play in Vidot over Maranta bombing 3 tries every week

We could debone him!

Pm please :)

Also, my brother would rage. Defamatory remark

My apologies....I didn't think a guy possibly sleeping with a single girl would be considered defamatory.

Wish people would stop bagging out vidot, I'd have him here for sure.

Would be happy with this signing.

Bring on Brenko Lee please

Yep send Maranta to the Cows and we sign Vidot, good stuff.

Used to go to school with him, I'd love to have him on board.

Used to go to school with him, I'd love to have him on board.

Any signs as to why he supposedly wasn't wanted by the Raiders or now the Dragons? Personality wise that is.

According to a lot of the dragons fans on other forums, Vidot was rated pretty highly, but was played out of position on the wing / centres, and also has some pretty shit hands and defense at times.. Are we buying a less skilled version of Corey Oates?
To me he's more like Winterstein before he fixed his game at the Cowboys - a punishing runner and hard hitter with greased up shoehorn hands. It's difficult to tell how good a signing this would be without knowing how injury affected our backline will be in 2014. If everybody was fit we could have Copley, Kahu, Oates and now Vidot all playing QLD Cup, in which case signing Vidot would be a waste of an admittedly modest amount of money. That being said, I can't see us getting close to the cap for next year so any additional obstacle between Maranta and first grade is welcome.

He was the Dragon's best against us. But it's concerning that even in their struggling squad he was often overlooked. Didn't they use Frizzell in the backs over him for much of the year?

But yeah, he was on par with Yow Yeh for a while until he literally screwed his chances at the Raiders, and he's bloody fast for a 108kg winger. Do it! Bring another Queenslanders home ;)

Any signs as to why he supposedly wasn't wanted by the Raiders or now the Dragons? Personality wise that is.

Honestly, I thought he was a great guy with a fantastic attitude and was always a high achiever. We weren't best friends by a long shot but we were in the same class and spoke a few times.

Last edited:
Maranta is still off-contract, there's still the chance that he won't be signed for next year. Maybe Vidot is being signed as his replacement.

I originally posted it as a stir didn't think you guys would be this happy to sign a Raiders and Dragons reject

Oh unbreak not sure why Dragons fans think wing/centre was out of position, he played centre his whole Raiders junior career (very well in u20s) and wing in first grade, filled in at fullback a couple of times and was utter crap with his poor hands, not sure where they think his position is, definitely not in the halves and his defence is too bad for the forwards.

I originally posted it as a stir didn't think you guys would be this happy to sign a Raiders and Dragons reject

Yeah cos your rejects have never gone on to achieve anything...

Yeah cos your rejects have never gone on to achieve anything...
Fair point but they were also regular first graders at the time of being dumped, he's also now a Dragons reject, how many players get dumped from 2 clubs then come good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Battler
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dazza 92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Skathen
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.