[Rumour] Norman to walk away from Eels

CLYDESDALE

CLYDESDALE

U18 Player
Apr 9, 2013
You can take this too the bank.

Corey Norman has already told close friends that he will be knocking back a Lucrative deal very close to 500k from the Eels, and will be staying with the Broncos and will sign a new 3 year deal, the new deal will come very close to matching what the eels offered Corey.

Broncos have upped the pressure since the Dugan deal was pulled, Lockyer has played a big part in his pulling the pin on the Eels deal.
The wheels are now in motion with the right people in the Broncos club and Coreys Manager to get the best deal for him, it will be a lot better than the deal offered by us a few months ago.

This news will gut Parramattas recruitment officer Peter Nolan, no doubt he will be having a few very tense discussions with some old friends at the Broncos.

This will be announced before round 13, but as the deal is still being nutted out id say it will take a bit of time.

Cheers.

Re: Corey Norman to walk away from lucrative Eels Deal.

You can take this too the bank.

Corey Norman has already told close friends that he will be knocking back a Lucrative deal very close to 500k from the Eels, and will be staying with the Broncos and will sign a new 3 year deal, the new deal will come very close to matching what the eels offered Corey.

Broncos have upped the pressure since the Dugan deal was pulled, Lockyer has played a big part in his pulling the pin on the Eels deal.
The wheels are now in motion with the right people in the Broncos club and Coreys Manager to get the best deal for him, it will be a lot better than the deal offered by us a few months ago.

This news will gut Parramattas recruitment officer Peter Nolan, no doubt he will be having a few very tense discussions with some old friends at the Broncos.

This will be announced before round 13, but as the deal is still being nutted out id say it will take a bit of time.

Cheers.

Wow.

Where have you heard this? If this is the case what has changed his mind?

April Fools! It might seem late, but it's because of the timezones (with Mars).

if he has changed his mind despite coming out recently saying he would honour his Eels Deal, i think Locky would have convinced him that the best thing for his career ATM is to play fullback rather than 5/8.

For those that can remember Lockys early fullback days, he was never the best defender at the back, nor was he the best under the high ball. but he could spark our attack from anywhere on the ground. His work ethic and natural talent turn him into the best in the world (bot attack and defence)

I do see similar qualities in Norman that Locky had in his early days. now i'm not saying that Norman has as much talent as Locky did at the same age, what i'm saying is that i think with some hard work and determination (especially on the defensive side of being a fullback) that Norman could turn into a great fullback. he is already showing some good signs in attack.

Later in his career, he may even be able to follow Lockys lead and make a switch to the halves, but IMO, he should develop his game at fullback.

apart from the money, the only reason i can see him going yo the Eels is that he won't have any competition for the 5/8 role so no matter how poorly he plays, there wont be a great fear of getting dropped.

My contact is as good as gold, as i said you can take it to the bank, Corey has had a big change of heart and wont be leaving the club he loves for a small amount of extra cash.
Corey will be getting his wish to play at 6 sooner than expected.

Hope this isn't true.

****, I hope not. I don't want Norman in the 6. I'd rather pay 500 to Shaun Johnson and get him the halves.
If he wants to play fullback sure, but even then I hope it's not even close to 500k, he's not an elite fullback and doesn't deserve that kind of money.

As I have said before I want him to stay if its to play fullback

Either way if he does stay it would be f***ing hilarious at parramatta. I have a mate at work who has been sprinkling the signing of their saviour. If he does stay I'm gonna just laugh and laugh and laugh at him

Hmmm, maybe with the increased salary cap he's worth 450k. I can live with it if he does stay with us as long as it's fullback. I'll be annoyed if it's 5/8 next year with Prince retiring.

If he wants to stay to play fullback, and Broncos chase a good half to replace prince or Wallace, great.

If he stays because he's bring promised a halves spot any time in the future, no.

Locky was touted as a half from day 1. He played 7 seasons at fullback first. Norman should bide his time.

Right now he's not good enough to play 6 without say cronk or Smith working with him

As ridiculous as it sounds to pay Norman 500k it seems to be the new norm. That Bulldogs kid Klemmer is on 350k a season and he only debuted this year. Daniel Harrison is supposedly getting 300k a year ffs. Oh how I wish I could be a mediocre footballer!

My contact is as good as gold, as i said you can take it to the bank, Corey has had a big change of heart and wont be leaving the club he loves for a small amount of extra cash.
Corey will be getting his wish to play at 6 sooner than expected.
That last line ruined everything!

That last line ruined everything!
Indeed it did. I was happy with the post until I got to the last line.
With no Dugan, it would be nice to keep Norman at fullback, but his play at 5/8 is the reason BHQ celebrated when Parra announced the signing.

All i can say is Corey and his manager have been told that the door is not shut for him playing 6 with us, and part of the negotiation includes him getting a crack at the number 6 in the near future.

Hopefully trial games will count then ;)

I was under the impression that form dictates where you play, not contracts... Lame indeed if he's promised the 6 just to get him to re-sign.

I smell a rat with old mate first post here he drops a nuke.

This is big news particularly when he gave his word to Paramatta fans specifically telling them that he would play there FOR SURE. Sounds like a GI move to me. I don't know how I feel about this. I mean he has had a couple of good games, but what if he just turns back to shiite. I can't see this being a great career move for him.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.