[Rumour] The Hunt for Karmichael's return to Broncos.

People are downplaying his abilities because they are mad he's left. It happens.

He was easily the best ball playing fullback since Lockyer, only overshadowed by Hayne since then.

No chance of Hunt being better than Barba, let alone far better, especially after his stint in the AFL.

In saying that, I'm glad all three aren't at the club.

People are downplaying his abilities because they are mad he's left. It happens.

He was easily the best ball playing fullback since Lockyer, only overshadowed by Hayne since then.

To be sure to be sure.

He said he wanted to stay for 1 contract not one year. I can almost guarantee he never said to them "I'm only going to stay for 1 contract"... no one would be that stupid.

How can you almost guarantee that? Were you there for the negotiations? I wasnt so anything that I say is just speculation and I can almost guarantee you were not there for the negotiations either so anything you say is just speculation.

My argument inst about the length of his contract anyway. My argument was why were we even offering him a contract in the first place. It appears that he was in some type of negotiation with the Broncos about a possible return but it fell through. A lot of people on here are blaming Gee and Griffin for that. Why are they being blamed? Maybe they got wind of the fact that Hunt only wanted to play here for a couple of years and then go to Rugby. If i was Gee or Griffin I would have told him to F off too if I found out that he planned on using the Broncos as a stepping stone to Union.

How can you almost guarantee that? Were you there for the negotiations? I wasnt so anything that I say is just speculation and I can almost guarantee you were not there for the negotiations either so anything you say is just speculation.

Of course I wasn't there but it's common sense mate, why would he say that when it would only diminish his bargaining power/negotiating position.

Do you go into job interviews and when asked "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" and respond with "not here"?

People are overestimating his abilities because he plays for the Broncos.

Hunt doesn't have a playmaking bone in his body. He was good at the third man play where all he had to do was decide between draw and pass or grubber. That's not ball playing, its not playmaking, its just running a set play with 2 options.

I wasn't mad he left, I thought he was vastly overrated then and I still do. To put him higher on the ball playing fullback list than players like Slater, Stewart, Tomkins, Milford, etc is ridiculous. He's up there with the worst. He could catch and run the ball back in a straight line, and play his part in the second man play, but not much else. He had a good shoulder charge attempt, and was good at impersonating a turnstile.

oh and he was good at softball when he was 7.

hes not a half though, and he should never play in the halves.

EDIT: Bait

Last edited by a moderator:
How is rating Hunt a better ball-player than Slater or Milford ridiculous AP? How is he up there with the worst?

How is rating Hunt a better ball-player than Slater or Milford ridiculous AP? How is he up there with the worst?

Its his agenda and he will never change it no matter what anyone's argument will be. He really is just baiting and it's not worth. It will be all good if we just ignored it. I'm seriously over his hate against Hunt.

I'll give him a chance to explain himself.

Doubt he'll be able to.

How is what I said in any way shape or form "baiting"?

Hunt has been tried in the halves a number of times and was shown to have no idea. He doesn't have a good passing or general kicking game. He can kick a good grubber, ill give him that, but bombs? Nope. Cross field kicks? Nope. Long kicks? Nope. He didn't set other players up through his passing like other fullbacks regularly do. Look at slater, Tomkins, etc try assist and line break assist counts over the years. They play as a third half in lots of the teams set plays but also in general play. Hunt never really did this, he just got the ball off lockyer in the 1 play and made a decision of pass or kick.

How many games did he play in the halves? Bugger all. He set up plenty of tries with cut outs that didn't fly over the side line. I can recall a nifty field goal to win a game for us as well.

Given time in the halves he'd kill it.

Hunt was always right up there when it came to try assists/line-break assists and his record of 24 try assists (2009) has yet to be surpassed by either Slater or Tomkins.

K played as much first receiver as any halfback of his day. In fact, that was really noticeable when I did my 06 project in 2010 - in those early days prior to his injury against the Dragons @ Suncorp, he was pushing Seymour/Perry out of the way and playing that exact role.

By no means am I advocating Hunt as a five eighth. There was potential, sure but he pissed it all away when he signed with the Suns. However, to say he was one of the worst ball-playing fullbacks in the competition is a joke.

who's to say part of the reason the deal fell through is the money Hunt was demanding?

for all we know he was asking marquee money and Gee and Griffin refused to pay it for a player that had been out of the game for 5 years.

I doubt Hunt would say that the Broncos refused to meet his outrageous monetary demands.

then again maybe it was just another Gee stuff up (certainly a possibility).

no one except Broncos and Hunt's management know why the deal fell through, but if there was some blame on Hunt's side, he would certainly never admit that to the press, it's better for his reputation to just put it all down to the Broncos

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • BroncoFan94
  • achievedrap
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bb_gun
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Locky field goal
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Thelmus
  • Griffo
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Broncos Maestro
... and 41 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.