[RUMOUR] Todd Lowrie ---> Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing has been done, White said today it's on the cards at the press conference.

Nothing has been done, White said today it's on the cards at the press conference.

What else is on the cards? other then hyped up bullshit press conferences about signing sponsors and unveiling ugly jerseys?

Lowrie was probably coming home for very good reasons. I have no doubt there is a serious issue behind this decision and even though I'm unsure as to what it is I wish him well. It does sound like a family related thing. If we have signed him it will be with a purpose in mind. The broncos did some recent soul searching so I'd say they were doing things with clear intent.

Yeah, solid post. The underlying issue behind everything I've read is that this is purely family based and quite serious. There has been no fanfare with this, no grandstanding by his manager. This just seems like a guy who's doing the right thing by his family.

Some people need to grow up. Clubs need sponsors. We shoukd be stoked our club has little trouble finding sponsors

I agree mate ... just because we as fans don't see the business side of thing as "important" doesn't mean that they aren't important. I suppose we could be run like the Sharks, dead broke with massive difficulty finding sponsors and no titles to speak of.

White does a great job with that side of the business (and football is a business these days) profits are up despite the club struggling on the field.

White also denied anything relating to signing Cameron Smith for 2015, which of course he will, as it's not November 1 yet.

White also denied anything relating to signing Cameron Smith for 2015, which of course he will, as it's not November 1 yet.
Did he deny signing him in 2014?

Did he deny signing him in 2014?

Basically lol, he pretty much just emphasized that they've had no contact with him in any way, shape or form.

Some people need to grow up. Clubs need sponsors. We shoukd be stoked our club has little trouble finding sponsors

Calm down champ, i dont think it's people needing to grow up, it's the fact the club is hyping thing the average joe should be excited about and pirtek being a sponsor isnt.

Calm down champ, i dont think it's people needing to grow up, it's the fact the club is hyping thing the average joe should be excited about and pirtek being a sponsor isnt.
Really, you call that hype?
I didn't see any big (or small for that matter) campaign about today's press conference. It didn't even deserve a mention on the official site!

I reckon it's more the hungry for news fans that hype up anything they hear or read on twitter and the likes, and cause the hysteria about an announcement that would otherwise barely cause a ripple...

Put yourself in the sponsors shoes .they're the ones handing over the cash.

Put yourself in the sponsors shoes .they're the ones handing over the cash.

Why would i do that? I get they are important, but really with the shit the club has served us I'm not sure many people just want to have corporate shit blown up their ass.

Why would i do that? I get they are important, but really with the shit the club has served us I'm not sure many people just want to have corporate shit blown up their ass.

you don't get it, the corporate stuff is important ... and it was hardly blown up our ass... it was one tweet that said they would have an important announcement, just because it wasn't about on field matters doesn't mean it wasn't still important.

it is things like this that, in part, make us the mosy professional successful club off the field and makes it so we are not like the other broke Sydney clubs

Why would i do that? I get they are important, but really with the **** the club has served us I'm not sure many people just want to have corporate **** blown up their ass.
You would do that because that's the big picture of how clubs function, regardless of whether you feel you've been served **** or not.

A handy depth signing but unless we're getting him on the cheap then I don't see what the point is. We already have competition for starting spots in our back row along with some younger players looking to grab a bench spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Rah88
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
  • pennywisealfie
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • BroncoFan94
  • Waynesaurus
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Aldo
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.