Rusty sells Origin to US

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Love him or hate him (in my case, definitely hate the arrogant, pompous, talentless hack...), this is an awesome result for rugby league! Well done Rusty.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6062402612

OSCAR winner Russell Crowe has helped broker a television deal to beam rugby league's State of Origin Series live to 40 million viewers in the United States.

American sports giant FOX Sports will televise all three clashes between New South Wales and Queensland, starting with tonight's opener at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, as well as the NRL grand final.

The announcement follows a broadcast deal struck with the assistance of Hollywood actor Crowe, the co-owner of South Sydney, between the NRL and head of FOX Sports David Hill.

The deals sees the United States join the UK, Pacific Islands, Canada, north Africa and the Middle East, central and southern Africa and parts of Asia in broadcasting the Origin Series live.

"This new United States agreement significantly adds to the mainstream exposure of two of our biggest events," NRL chief executive David Gallop said.

"It sees more than 40 million homes across the United States now able to experience live the passion and rivalry of the 2011 Harvey Norman State of Origin Series and the Telstra Premiership Grand Final."

I thought Spike.TV always played them anyway?

Gotta love Rusty he is good for the game and an awesome bloke all round.

To call Russell Crowe talentless is so far from teh truth. Hate him or Hate him, he is a brilliant actor. In everything I've seen him in he has been brilliant. And I am not a fan, and usually never want to see his movies. However, when I do see them I'm always impressed.

He is good for the game.

But definitely a wanker. No doubt about it.

Hey rusty was good in robin hood

mrslong said:
To call Russell Crowe talentless is so far from teh truth. Hate him or Hate him, he is a brilliant actor. In everything I've seen him in he has been brilliant. And I am not a fan, and usually never want to see his movies. However, when I do see them I'm always impressed.

Although off topic I will just make one point about this...he never acts. He is cast as himself. Kudos to the directors who use him where he's suited.

He's a muppet in and out of league. This is pretty good though. I wonder if he's going to announce how much it cost.

Nashy said:
He's a muppet in and out of league. This is pretty good though. I wonder if he's going to announce how much it cost.

Only if someone steals it off him...he'll tell us the rival deal.

Rusty is great for the game.

Even when he compared GI to Lebron I thought it was great.

But yeah, I don't rate him as an actor and I find a lot of his movies (Gladiator, American Gangster in particular) to be incredibly boring.

Sweet! Might tell my cousins to watch it over there cos my Origin references on FB makes no sense to them lol.

I think Crowe's a bit of a turd sandwich but he's good when it comes to promoting league overseas.

Coxy said:
mrslong said:

Although off topic I will just make one point about this...he never acts. He is cast as himself. Kudos to the directors who use him where he's suited.
not off topic if you say he is talentless.

Have you not seen a beautiful mind?

anyways....

Yes, I've seen A Beautiful Mind and I thought his performance was painful, despite him quite appropriately being cast as a retard.

This is great news! Setanta used to have the rights to it but they stopped that a few years ago i think. I was planning a vegas trip while game 3 is on but had cancelled it because there was no way to see it, this could change that!

Yeah just last year we were unable to find a station screening it in Hawaii. This is a big development. Onya Rusty.

langer77 said:
Live in the USA but not in VIC S.A W.A

Was gonna say the same thing

Great it's live in the USA

But I live in Adelaide and it's 10.30PM before those f***ing wankers at 9 show it here

Active Now

• lynx000
  • theshed
  • Skathen
  • mrslong
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.