Sam gets off for Coathanger

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
And TPJ got a suspension for a pectoral to the head. The league is fucked. Any **** can see the rules only apply when its teams not anointed to be a success.

I said it before, Kane Evans' hit was identical to TPJ's. But Evans isn't a Bronco, and the player he hit wasn't a fullback or half.

I said it before, Kane Evans' hit was identical to TPJ's. But Evans isn't a Bronco, and the player he hit wasn't a fullback or half.

And Evans didn't charge 30m to land a hit on a stationary player.

Why is that even relevant? Was he supposed to let Sami run the 30m to him?

Because Sami is a much easier target and you don't want to reward players for these type of tackles.

See the 2007 Grand Final.

Last edited:
Because Sami is a much easier target and you don't want to reward players for these type of tackles.

See the 2007 Grand Final.
Well you may as well ban the kick-chase then. Make everyone stay back 10m whether they are onside or not.

Well you may as well ban the kick-chase then. Make everyone stay back 10m whether they are onside or not.

Why? Just teach players to time their runs better and avoid making contact with the head.

Most of them manage just fine.

My understanding is both incidents resulted in contact to the head.

Yes, but one had a lot more force behind it than the other. Also, Lawrie wasn't as vulnerable as Sami was.

I'm not saying what Evans did was alright, but they weren't identical situations. As I wrote over in the Round 20 discussion thread, there's actually another example involving Montoya-Milford that's eerily similar.

Last edited:
Not even considering the previous guys who have been suspended, because we all know the NRL isn't going to apply the rules consistently at any level of the game, I'm glad the big idiot got off. It was an accident, and accidents in this sport happen, he didn't deserve a week off for that.

Active Now

• Redux
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • westy316
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Browny
  • Organix
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BruiserMk1
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.