Sattellite TV?

Foordy

International Rep
  • Staff
Just a quick question for the tech heads in BHQ land

I am having some issues with my free-to-air tv channels, i was wondering if it is possible to get the free TV channels through the sat dish on my roof (previous owners used it for foxtel).

I never have an issue with channel 9 (which is great for when the Broncos are playing)
Channel 10 can get issues from time to time (choppy or scrambled service)
Chanel 7 is shit ... i very rarely get anything from it.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
No. They aren't broadcast via satallite.

Call Jim's antennas. They'll sort it out. Most houses antennas are old and shit, and don't work well without a booster. Usually a simple fix.

You can get a lot of free to air stuff via that satallite, you may need to have it repositioned and drop coin on a decoder as Foxtel use the Optus sat which don't carry much outside of Foxtel and internet. Not worth it from what I've seen.

Foordy

International Rep
  • Staff
No. They aren't broadcast via satallite.

Call Jim's antennas. They'll sort it out. Most houses antennas are old and shit, and don't work well without a booster. Usually a simple fix.

You can get a lot of free to air stuff via that satallite, you may need to have it repositioned and drop coin on a decoder as Foxtel use the Optus sat which don't carry much outside of Foxtel and internet. Not worth it from what I've seen.
cheers, i'll do that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter