Savelio Injury Confirmed

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/02/12/savelio-injury-confirmed/

BRONCOS' High Performance Manager Jeremy Hickmans has confirmed the diagnosis on the injury to English forward Andre Savelio.

Savelio injured his knee playing for the Broncos against the Central Capras in Theodore on the weekend.

He will require a knee reconstruction which will end his year.

It is a tough turn of events for Savelio, who only joined the Broncos in the pre-season and was just 14 minutes into his first match for the club.

and thats the last time we'll hear of him...

Think he's signed for a couple years?
just get the impression he'll go back to england citing homesickness (because of the injury).

would be hard to hang around for 12 months rehabbing in a place you know no one.

just get the impression he'll go back to england citing homesickness (because of the injury).

would be hard to hang around for 12 months rehabbing in a place you know no one.
Conversely, the Broncos facilities are probably amongst the best in the world for rehab.

I would much rather he goes home and rehabs to be honest. Family support, good quality medical staff and in his mind a picture of warm summer days in Qld, golden beaches and unfinished business. I think I'd bet he would be more likely to set a goal of a return to us in time to start preseason for 2019 than to endure what's required so far from home. It'd be a fantastic motivation looking out a window on a dreary London day.

I like this kid. Looked good in those 14 minutes haha.

Hope he comes back from this and has a good career whether it’s with us or elsewhere.

I would much rather he goes home and rehabs to be honest. Family support, good quality medical staff and in his mind a picture of warm summer days in Qld, golden beaches and unfinished business. I think I'd bet he would be more likely to set a goal of a return to us in time to start preseason for 2019 than to endure what's required so far from home. It'd be a fantastic motivation looking out a window on a dreary London day.

He actually has family here in Brisbane tbf, but it wouldnt hurt him to have a spell back home.

How would having a spell back home help the guy??

Once he is over his operation, some familiar surroundings and friends would help his morale. It can get pretty depressing coming back from a long term injury.

You mean if you had 6 months off you wouldn't go visit your parents? That's just rude.
Once he is over his operation, some familiar surroundings and friends would help his morale. It can get pretty depressing coming back from a long term injury.
I assumed they meant a spell back home in super league.

If not then yeah fair enough I agree

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • bert_lifts
  • lynx000
  • Big Del
  • leish107
  • ettybay
  • bb_gun
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • BruiserMk1
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • Rambstien
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Scdeac
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.