NEWS SCG set to host 2020, 2021 NRL Grand Finals

Watch the NRL snub Brisbane for Melbourne or Perth. Greenturd asked Santa for a golden chance to give QLD the finger again and the surprise, the bottom of the tree is looking quite fat.

Kent telling porkies again tonight claiming the tradition of GFs should continue and all GFs should be held in Sydney.
The out of Sydbey clubs had been invited into their comp, he claimed.
Seems he has forgotten the super league war and that the current NRL resulted from an amalgamation of 2 comps and not the NSWRL inviting outsiders into the fold.
It is telling though.

Kent telling porkies again tonight claiming the tradition of GFs should continue and all GFs should be held in Sydney.
The out of Sydbey clubs had been invited into their comp, he claimed.
Seems he has forgotten the super league war and that the current NRL resulted from an amalgamation of 2 comps and not the NSWRL inviting outsiders into the fold.
It is telling though.

Its a NSWRL boys club, and will be until these old heads die. Unless the game dies first, which is a real possibility.

if they want money from a government for this GF to be taken from Sydney, they just need to pick up the phone and call Palachook ... she'll gladly right them a big fat check.

surely Peter Beatie still remembers the number of the Premiers office

Its a NSWRL boys club, and will be until these old heads die. Unless the game dies first, which is a real possibility.
The game will die first........after it has been forced to merge with Rugby Union.

If the GF is to leave Sydney during the refurb, it comes to Brisbane. It's as simple as that really. Anything else would be absolutely moronic. They can BS about expanding the game all they want but the reality is only 2 States currently follow this game.

Last edited:
In the past I might've been for it, but reality is I probably wouldn't go to the GF if it was in my front yard unless the broncos were in it - why? I can watch it on tv and drink/eat/carry on however the **** I want and disturb nobody in the process.

so on that basis, I don't really give a shit where the GF is held - it looks the same on TV no matter what.

How could they justify holding a grand final in another country with two teams who aren't from there (lets face it, the warriors wont be making it any time soon). Travel costs are already ridiculous enough as it is let alone wanting to travel internationally to see your team win.

How could they justify holding a grand final in another country with two teams who aren't from there (lets face it, the warriors wont be making it any time soon). Travel costs are already ridiculous enough as it is let alone wanting to travel internationally to see your team win.
Origin.

21 reasons why the 2021 NRL Grand Final should come to Brisbane

source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:

It was cheaper for us to fly to Auckland and stay for a weekend than it would’ve been to watch a game in Sydney last year.

In terms of what just "makes complete and obvious sense, and nobody with a functioning brain cell can think any different", it's Brisbane all the fkn way, and I don't even live there

First, anybody who has ever been to a game of rugby league at a rectangular venue, and a game at a cricket/AFL ground, knows that it is infinitely better to watch at a rectangular ground

Second, QLD'ers love their league and will sell out the stadium

Finally affordability, (this is tenuous as I live in Adelaide and so this might not remain true for other folks) I can get to Sydney or Brisbane for roughly $300ish return but New Zulland is $800. And if $500 isn't enough difference, I'm at least paying for 1 other family member to come with me so it's at least $1000 difference.

I truly can't fathom the stupidity of the NRL even considering a different option

Greenburg is ruining this sport, and we are paying him a fortune to do it

Bring back David Gallop

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.