Season 2022

Anyone got a list of players that’ll be available for 2022? Not just for my benefit but some numpty from broncos recruitment might stumble across the list as well

In terms of this season, well, to me its real black and white.

I watched Cam Munster absolutely go berserk when B Smith threw a bad pass from dummy half against Parra.

Did anyone else see a reaction from our guys after the 4th Titans try in a row?

So, like I said, black and white. If we have no-one on field who can take accountability for the effort, then the coach must do it off field, and start dropping people.

One of the defining messages from Pies reign up here was no matter how bad you were, you'd be pick next week.

At least Kevin can distinguish himself from that by making guys accountable.

The question is - will he?
I saw Milford pounding the floor after another ridiculous error and also when Fifita steam rolled him. Isaako also thumped the grass when he dropped it off a kick return which lead to a titans try

Given Walsh has left, I have tried hard to highlight some reasons why I thought Isaako could make a good fist of the No1.

Clearly I've been let down in this regard. I no longer actually know what Isaako is right now, apart from our goal kicker. And we dont score enough tries for that to really matter anyway...

If you want to know why the games best fullbacks get paid the most, its for what they do in defence.

If you can, rewatch last nights game. Do you see Isaako counting numbers in defence on our try line? Do you see him instructing guys where they need to be? He is so far behind the play, he makes his last defence tackles in the in-goal.

He is too proactive, not reactive. Too far behind the play to make any difference. That is what marks the best fullbacks, and why they get the most money.

At least Boyd could count. He would see where we were short and come into the line and defend hard.

So, I dunno if it's worth persisting with him at the 1.

I saw Milford pounding the floor after another ridiculous error and also when Fifita steam rolled him. Isaako also thumped the grass when he dropped it off a kick return which lead to a titans try
right, so....maybe, just maybe, show that sort of fight and heart against your opposition, instead of a clump of grass..?

Just saying...:happy:

From what I can remember, Deardon can at least hold his own in defence. Did you notice the area of our so-called defensive line the Titans hit time and time again?

Right where Milf and Niu defend. That was a fair dinkum turnstile. Unforgivable really...

So, id drop milf and play Deaden there, at least he has some defensive acumen. Id also be instructing the 2nd rower inside him to push out on the outside more on our own line, get a solid body in between them to shore up the defence there.

I mean, absolutely anything would be better than thinking we can rely on Milf the tissue and a rookie centre to hold the line, they clearly cannot...

Last edited:
Given Walsh has left, I have tried hard to highlight some reasons why I thought Isaako could make a good fist of the No1.

Clearly I've been let down in this regard. I no longer actually know what Isaako is right now, apart from our goal kicker. And we dont score enough tries for that to really matter anyway...

If you want to know why the games best fullbacks get paid the most, its for what they do in defence.

If you can, rewatch last nights game. Do you see Isaako counting numbers in defence on our try line? Do you see him instructing guys where they need to be? He is so far behind the play, he makes his last defence tackles in the in-goal.

He is too proactive, not reactive. Too far behind the play to make any difference. That is what marks the best fullbacks, and why they get the most money.

At least Boyd could count. He would see where we were short and come into the line and defend hard.

So, I dunno if it's worth persisting with him at the 1.
Same can be said about Alex Glenn. Hardly see him rallying the troops when that 10 minute brain explosion was happening in the first half. He’s great at telling the boys “one set” though after every error.

Same can be said about Alex Glenn. Hardly see him rallying the troops when that 10 minute brain explosion was happening in the first half. He’s great at telling the boys “one set” though after every error.
Yeh I know...

I mean, even the defence of "well Haas and Lodge will come back into this side" is quite meaningless when we are looking for on field leadership.

You might think Lodge has some, but in order to provide " on field" leadership one needs to actually be available to be "on the field" in the first place..and I dont think Lodge will ever last a season without injury...

Last edited:
A gettable 2022 team (accounting for some losses) who i think would put in an effort.

1. Nicho hynes
2. Mead
3. Herbie
4. Staggs/nui if staggs leaves (which is likely)
5. Coates
6. Drinkwater (based on what milford is showing i dont think i would offer him a new contract even at a significant cut). Reported to prefer playing in the halves.
7. Dearden/croft if dearden leaves (would also make enquiries into sam walker)
8. Lodge
9. Turpin (i think we are no chance of b.smith)
10. Hass
11. (I think piakura is all but gone). Capewell/ or transition bullemore there. Hitting gaps with his speed and size could be a positive
12. Riki
13. Asiata
14. Billy walters
15. Tpj
16. Carrigan
17. Flegler
If Dearden goes I would be asking Reynolds or Johnson what contract they’re after, both even.

6. Johnson
7. Reynolds

The kicking game would be off tap, especially if Drinkwater was fullback. Coates would score a million tires.

Not really 2022 but I'd seriously consider throwing KHunt a jersey.

Could do with his leadership and experience. Imagine having someone like him at the back, constantly barking orders, firing players up, having that desire to win at all costs.

If Dearden goes I would be asking Reynolds or Johnson what contract they’re after, both even.

6. Johnson
7. Reynolds

The kicking game would be off tap, especially if Drinkwater was fullback. Coates would score a million tires.
Yeah I'm starting to lean towards SJ, but he'll want at least $800k and is already 30.

However with SJ you know he will at least take ownership of the attack and can create points. He has a kicking game and although it's not elite he is accustomed to being the primary kicker. He's also a good enough goal kicker to take that on as well if needed.

He's also used to being a leader so he could come straight in as the captain and I think I've read in the past that he was a Broncos fan growing up.

Unfortunately I dont think the sharks want to lose him and I dont think he's all that keen to leave Cronulla so he would be extremely difficult to pry out of there, especially given they have a ton of cap space opening up next year as well

Last edited:
Yeah I'm starting to lean towards SJ, but he'll want at least $800k and is already 30.

However with SJ you know he will at least take ownership of the attack and can create points. He has a kicking game and although it's not elite he is accustomed to being the primary kicker. He's also a good enough goal kicker to take that on as well if needed.

He's also used to being a leader so he could come straight in as the captain and I think I've read in the past that he was a Broncos fan growing up.

Unfortunately I dont think the sharks want to lose him and I dont think he's all that keen to leave Cronulla so he would be extremely difficult to pry out of there, especially given they have a ton of cap space opening up next year as well
If he leaves the sharks, i reckon he would be going back to the warriors.

Last edited:

He's the accidental captain. I mean seriously, it is a testament to the disgrace that is our roster management that of all the most experienced players to be left in the side virtually alone, it's Alex fucking Glenn. Easily the most bog average second rower left in the 17 who had one foot out the door 2 years ago and presumably only stayed because nobody else wanted him. He is captaining this side, but wouldn't even crack the starting 13 in any of the current top 4.

I feel like a broken drum bringing up Nolan over and over again, but he must be very good mates with Karl Morris or somebody with power at the club, because he should have been out on his ass with Mr. Harvard. Losing McGuire to the Cows for "reasons", presumably because they assumed Fifita was going to be his long term replacement was a big enough sin on its own.

Here we go.....and only after second round.
Just dont click, just dont click
season 7 episode 6 GIF

Just dont click, just dont click
season 7 episode 6 GIF

Don't worry, there's nothing there worth seeing. Just more speculative bullshit from Badel about Bennett's future. He did suggest that to get Bennett back to Brisbane, the entire board would need to get the flick which to be honest is exactly what this club needs.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.