Second Test- Australia v India at the 'Gabba

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Starc and Marsh added to second Test team.

Marsh is in good form but apparently he can't throw because of his elbow injury. Marsh has always looked like he has the talent for test cricket but has never really produced at shield level due. He is a walking injury as well. Hopefully he can stay injury free and make the most of this chance. TBH I think Starc is rubbish but he is another of the selectors love childs.

I can't see Siddle playing this test unless Harris is rested. I expect to see Hazlewood debut.

Hope Hazlewood debuts, he's a gun. As for Sarsh, pfft.

Steve Smith has been named acting captain. Good choice congrats and good luck mate.

I didn't see a whole lot of Siddle in the first test.. what's wrong with him? I heard he was bowling like 15 k's slower than usual or something.

I didn't see a whole lot of Siddle in the first test.. what's wrong with him? I heard he was bowling like 15 k's slower than usual or something.

He is bowling a lot slower which is huge for him. He doesn't do a lot with the ball. Pretty much just a run in and bang it in bowler so when you start losing pace you are cooked.

First innings Siddle had a bug and barely bowled. Not sure about the second. Maybe too embarrassed by his falcon?

Starc, Hazlewood and Marsh in
Siddle, Clarke and Harris out.

Smith to 4.

Good start by Smith, he did the same thing last year in the SS Final- promoted himself up the order and did a great job batting his side to a win.

Bleh! I wanted to back Harris for MOTM!

Australia's Off-spinners.

Trumble 32 Tests 141 wickets at 21.79
Mallett 38 Tests 132 wickets at 29.85
Lyon 36 Tests 127 wickets at 34.67
Yardley 33 Tests 126 wickets at 31.63

I really don't see why Starc keeps getting a game. If only Pattinson or Cummins were up for selection.

I seem to recall that Cummins won't play first class cricket all summer. Part of some plan to ease him in or whatever.

Whatever happened to Jackson Bird? He had a few good games and then sort of just disappeared. I mean, he was never shit like Hilfenhaus. Always found it odd how he just dropped off like that. I mean, I know he's still playing for Tassie, but just funny how quickly he disappeared from national selection.

Bird has only played a few games back from injury. I'd prefer him to Starc as well.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if they picked Starc because he's a leftie and India are mostly right handed.

And because, well, there's not enough Mitch's playing in the Australian team.

I seem to recall that Cummins won't play first class cricket all summer. Part of some plan to ease him in or whatever.

Whatever happened to Jackson Bird? He had a few good games and then sort of just disappeared. I mean, he was never **** like Hilfenhaus. Always found it odd how he just dropped off like that. I mean, I know he's still playing for Tassie, but just funny how quickly he disappeared from national selection.

Injured since January for the Stars, then brief comeback for Tigers in March- just came back last month for Tigers 2nds and got 7 wickets. Now played last two games for Tigers- nothing against Qld (game was called off) but against SA 2/74 and 1/9.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • mieko
  • LittleDavey
  • Old Mate
  • Hoof Hearted
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • kiwi2
  • Bish
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.