Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Segeyaro Suspended, Commits To Education And Community Service

broncos.com.au
Thu 30 May 2019, 12:00 PM

The Brisbane Broncos have handed hooker James Segeyaro a one-match suspension for his drink driving offence, while he has also committed to completing a traffic offender program and 40 hours of community service.

Segeyaro was issued with a notice to appear for driving under the influence of alcohol on Monday. He recorded a breath test reading of 0.027 but was issued with a notice to appear due to the fact he is on a Provisional Licence which requires a zero alcohol reading.

Brisbane Broncos CEO Paul White said the Club recognised the vital importance of the anti-drink driving message to road safety, and had seen fit to impose a one-match NRL suspension.

Segeyaro will also be required to attend a traffic offenders course at his own expense, as well as participating in 40 hours of community service outside his mandatory Broncos club commitments.

James knows he did the wrong thing and we trust that he will learn from his error in judgement
Paul White - Broncos CEO
The Broncos worked with the NRL Integrity Unit, which endorsed the Club’s handling of the issue.

Segeyaro met with Integrity Unit head Karyn Murphy in Sydney yesterday to apologise in person for his actions.

Source: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/201...d-commits-to-education-and-community-service/

Great stuff. Now we can all get some sleep.

Correct punishment.

So this would have him not playing for 2.5 weeks.... will Macca be fit?

At least this may give turpin the opportunity to demonstrate that he could be an 80 min hooker if that is what seibs is looking at going with in the future.

Well this has certainly given my "boy a clear path back into 1st grade".

Fair punishment, hopefully he can move on and come back firing

Fair punishment for a fairly forgivable indiscretion. Hope he reacts positively to the punishment and it really gets him doing the right things on and off the field.

Embarrassing start to his redemption story.

Still don't fancy Macca's chances. Yes I like him, yes I want him to do well, yes he deserves ONE last chance so he'd best be totally fit and I just cannot see that for at least another three months. I'd love to see him come back in ISC, ramp up to 80 minutes over 4-6 games and be a total standout before he gets a run.

.027 is a slippery slope.

im fine with this....new standards are being set within the club....no-one is above them so...

Little on the harsh side.Could have done without the one game suspension imo. Glad they didn't go as harsh as some of the suggestionsbeing thrown around by some fans though.

Little on the harsh side.Could have done without the one game suspension imo. Glad they didn't go as harsh as some of the suggestionsbeing thrown around by some fans though.
Which fans?

Hope seibs read him the riot act. Next strike will be bye bye NRL.

He needs to be zero d and a. Serious comment.

Saw a YouTube of him leaving Donna Chang's first week he got here and looked like he'd been drinking. Guy has to learn he is pissing his career away every drink he takes.

Needs new mates around him as well.

Take a leaf from Lodge Haas and TPJ. Would do well to look at Matt Lodge's days sober streak and do the same.

Active Now

• Browny
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Justwin
  • Old Mate
  • Hoof Hearted
  • kiwi2
  • Bish
  • GCBRONCO
  • mieko
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Strop
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.