Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold
calls on senior Broncos to show more leadership

Peter Badel,
The Courier-Mail
September 10, 2019 7:26pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Boyd must have a lot of currency with our coach i reckon. Probably helped with the transition from Bennett to him....??.....again, no problem with a coach backing his captain. His form on the field is another matter but we are talking about human beings that spend a inordinate amount of time around each other.....its a team sport you know...

Anyway, has anyone on here asked if Milf is actually "happy" to play the 1? Is he putting up with it with a eye to regaining the 6 next year? Id be interested to know..?

I think for sure a tough conversation happens with Boyd over the off-season where the end result is Boyd announces his retirement and takes up an off field role. I think the club knows there was never going to be a premiership this year and they are just wanting to get through the year without anymore bullshit. Dumping the captain halfway through the year would have just lead to more fake outrage from the media.

Boyd must have a lot of currency with our coach i reckon. Probably helped with the transition from Bennett to him....??.....again, no problem with a coach backing his captain. His form on the field is another matter but we are talking about human beings that spend a inordinate amount of time around each other.....its a team sport you know...

Anyway, has anyone on here asked if Milf is actually "happy" to play the 1? Is he putting up with it with a eye to regaining the 6 next year? Id be interested to know..?

I think there was one post match interview where he said he was enjoying his time at the back.

Whether or not that’s just a throwaway cliche I’m not sure.

I noticed he never wasted his time calling for more leadership from our captain. Pretty telling that omission.
Yep, it's clear Seibold knows that DB is doing everything he can already and Seibold expects the others to do as much. He also omitted Alex Glenn who is doing the maximum too. DB might be much better than we perceive.

Last edited:
Yep, it's clear Seibold knows that DB is doing everything he can already and Seibold expects the others to do as much. He also omitted Alex Glenn who is doing the maximum too. DB might be much better than we perceive.
Even if, and that’s a big if, Boyd is doing everything he can - that doesn’t necessarily mean his everything is good enough for what this team needs.

You use Glenn as an example and it’s a great one. A bloke playing out of position, quite a few injuries over the last few years, on the wrong side of 30 and still, I can’t recall anyone ever questioning his character.

Last edited:
Even if, and that’s a big if, Boyd is doing everything he can - that doesn’t necessarily mean his everything is good enough for what this team needs.

You use Glenn as an example and it’s a great one. A bloke playing out of position, quite a few injuries over the last few years, on the wrong side of 30 and still, I can’t recall anyone ever questioning his character.
That says more about the inquisitors than about the players. In my opinion most of the issues have been centred not on Boyd's form but on three grounds. Firstly his contracts value and length, secondly his relationship with WB and lastly his perceived defection.

In Glenn's case none of those factors are present. Glenn's had quiet years but drawn little ire. He's cheap, durable, reliable, experienced and expendable. He's never been a coaches project or played elsewhere.

DB is an easy target whilst Glenn glides by unnoticed. I believe there's a great deal of envy and some jealousy behind the vitriol hurled at DB and his detractors don't appear to have the power of introspection. Know thyself is something those detractors should look up and understand. Like that would ever happen.

DB is an easy target whilst Glenn glides by unnoticed.

One of these is Boyd avg NRL fantasy points over time , the other is Glenn avg NRL fantasy points over time. Broncos coaching staff have far more precise measures of performance than supercoach, and they know which players are performing above or below their baselines.

View attachment 6181

View attachment 6182

One of these is Boyd avg NRL fantasy points over time , the other is Glenn avg NRL fantasy points over time. Broncos coaching staff have far more precise measures of performance than supercoach, and they know which players are performing above or below their baselines.
So you're saying that Broncos coaching staff wouldn't have either in their fantasy teams?

So you're saying that Broncos coaching staff wouldn't have either in their fantasy teams?

They captain a plodder in real life so it probably wouldn’t stop them in SuperCoach

That says more about the inquisitors than about the players. In my opinion most of the issues have been centred not on Boyd's form but on three grounds. Firstly his contracts value and length, secondly his relationship with WB and lastly his perceived defection.

In Glenn's case none of those factors are present. Glenn's had quiet years but drawn little ire. He's cheap, durable, reliable, experienced and expendable. He's never been a coaches project or played elsewhere.

DB is an easy target whilst Glenn glides by unnoticed. I believe there's a great deal of envy and some jealousy behind the vitriol hurled at DB and his detractors don't appear to have the power of introspection. Know thyself is something those detractors should look up and understand. Like that would ever happen.

How dare you drag Glenn into your shitty contrarian nonsense.

Souths coach Wayne Bennett took the blame for the first half capitulation.

"I made a mistake tonight, I put Adam Doueihi on the wing, he hasn't played there before but he's played with such confidence wherever I've put him this year when we've had all the injuries," Bennett said post-match. "He's played halfback, he's played five-eighth and he's played fullback and he's handled all those really well and I thought he'd handle that but maybe it was a bridge too far at this stage of his footy career. It was my decision so I take the responsibility for that."

That's the fundamental difference between Seibold and Bennett. One takes responsibility for his mistakes. And the other repeats his mistakes because of zero accountability.

Last edited:

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • cento
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.