NEWS Seibold calls on senior Broncos to show more leadership

Souths coach Wayne Bennett took the blame for the first half capitulation.

"I made a mistake tonight, I put Adam Doueihi on the wing, he hasn't played there before but he's played with such confidence wherever I've put him this year when we've had all the injuries," Bennett said post-match. "He's played halfback, he's played five-eighth and he's played fullback and he's handled all those really well and I thought he'd handle that but maybe it was a bridge too far at this stage of his footy career. It was my decision so I take the responsibility for that."

That's the fundamental difference between Seibold and Bennett. One takes responsibility for his mistakes. And the other repeats his mistakes because of zero accountability.

It’s because the old **** has lost what it takes to be an nrl coach.
He’s been flogged in the last 2 finals games he’s been in charge off.

"I made a mistake tonight, I put Adam Doueihi on the wing, he hasn't played there before but he's played with such confidence wherever I've put him this year when we've had all the injuries," Bennett said post-match. "He's played halfback, he's played five-eighth and he's played fullback and he's handled all those really well and I thought he'd handle that but maybe it was a bridge too far at this stage of his footy career. It was my decision so I take the responsibility for that."

That's the fundamental difference between Seibold and Bennett. One takes responsibility for his mistakes. And the other repeats his mistakes because of zero accountability.
Clutching at straws there.
Move this rubbish to another thread. Souffs got pumped last night, WB/JD’s records in finals is rubbish.
Neither is any longer at the club, it really is time to move on, but if you cannot, I am sure Souffs would appreciate more supporters.

Seibold is in a political shit sandwhich.

If he calls out D.Boyd (C) and A.McC then he has to action them into being dropped - and we don't have replacements or any better positions to hide them!

Last edited:
Seibold is in a political shit sandwhich.

If he calls out D.Boyd (C) and A.McC then he has to action them into being dropped - and we don't have replacements or any better positions to hide them!

That is just straight up untrue. McC could drop out TOMORROW for Turpin in 9 and Segeyaro in 14 and we would immediately notice it because we would be playing better. As for Boyd, I'm prepared to leave him at 5/8th until our season is over, but don't pretend like we couldn't easily move him into the centres and still put together a spine that works.

That is just straight up untrue. McC could drop out TOMORROW for Turpin in 9 and Segeyaro in 14 and we would immediately notice it because we would be playing better. As for Boyd, I'm prepared to leave him at 5/8th until our season is over, but don't pretend like we couldn't easily move him into the centres and still put together a spine that works.
And you're basing that on a handful of games turpin has played? I'm all for more creativity at 9 but we can't declare turpin our savior just yet.

I see your point with Turps and Seggy, i agree they should be there. However with Mc having contract in his favour and throwing away 400k-600k creates political shitstorm in a few ways especially after the cleanout that has already gone on. I want him moved on - i don't think he is the future of the club at 9, he would be fine in other teams but not ours.

Re Boyd, he really isnt even going to fit in at centre. Both Bird and Staggs are far better. We have Dearden next year at 7, Milf at 6 and a selection of younger backs coming through that could move to 1 and do a better job in attack than Boyd. He just doesn't fit anymore based on his current form.

I see your point with Turps and Seggy, i agree they should be there. However with Mc having contract in his favour and throwing away 400k-600k creates political shitstorm in a few ways especially after the cleanout that has already gone on. I want him moved on - i don't think he is the future of the club at 9, he would be fine in other teams but not ours.

Re Boyd, he really isnt even going to fit in at centre. Both Bird and Staggs are far better. We have Dearden next year at 7, Milf at 6 and a selection of younger backs coming through that could move to 1 and do a better job in attack than Boyd. He just doesn't fit anymore based on his current form.

People just refuse to think that coaches rate McCullough. He's picking him there because he believes hes the best 9. When both were fit Turpin was on the bench.

People just refuse to think that coaches rate McCullough. He's picking him there because he believes hes the best 9. When both were fit Turpin was on the bench.

Theres more to coaching than just 2d performance unfortunately. Politics, contracts, player friendship groups etc etc etc etc.

Yeah, balance in debate has no place.

I think it’s insulting to Glenn to compare the two. Glenn has been all those things, reliable being the most apt of the descriptors. Boyd’s criticism has mostly been based around his lack of reliability. You know what to expect from Glenn and he almost always delivers. Boyd’s best and worst form patches are very contrasting. I have never seen Glenn show some of the lapses in effort that Boyd has over the last 2 seasons.

To imply that frustrations toward Boyd come from jealousy is an obvious troll, and purposefully aiming to antagonise.

As always, you chose the opposing stance to the majority because you enjoy the argument and it makes you feel like you are smarter than everyone. Except most of your posts are just contrarianism and grandiloquence, as opposed to rational arguments.

Theres more to coaching than just 2d performance unfortunately. Politics, contracts, player friendship groups etc etc etc etc.

Yeah maybe, but McCullough has played 200+ games and theres still just chat that he gets picked for politics.

I dont see it, I wouldnt have him in the team but I'm not a coach.

I'm not sold on Turpin or Seggy either though tbh

You are completely wrong
WB has been accused for years of being pig headed and refusing to own up to his mistakes, and this for one reason - it is true
I have no doubt this comment from Wayne is not motivated by taking responsibility, but by his classic strategy of taking heat off his players
The fact that he had to admit he was wrong in order to achieve that strategy probably damn near killed him

Isn’t that just a case of Wayne Bennett being the hero again and taking the heat off the players? He never said playing nikorima at halfback was a mistake, In fact he was ready to go all in on keeping kodi there long term.

Isn’t that just a case of Wayne Bennett being the hero again and taking the heat off the players? He never said playing nikorima at halfback was a mistake, In fact he was ready to go all in on keeping kodi there long term.

Cant it be both?

And add a more mature fifita and payne haas to our side last year and we win the comp. Simples

Cant it be both?

And add a more mature fifita and payne haas to our side last year and we win the comp. Simples

Not sure it’s that simple. This club has had that issue with pea heartedness for a few years now

Wayne didn’t really take a whole lot of blame though, he took blame for Douhi on the wing...

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • davidp
  • Financeguy
  • Mustafur
  • Cavalo
  • Browny
  • Evander
  • Big Del
  • cento
  • Foordy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Justwin
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Astro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • thenry
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.