NEWS Seibold: Croft can lead Broncos forward

Surely not...

Will be interesting going forward how the team will look

Last edited by a moderator:
Was he not on a Broncos scholarship before he went to Melbourne??? Same as ponga.

Could we possibly be seeing Milford at 1?!

Surely not...

If they are planning to have Milford at the back, he deadset needs to shed 12+ kilos between now and kickoff of the Trials in February. We just cannot play him at Fullback if he's just gonna be slow and predictable.

Could we possibly be seeing Milford at 1?!

Surely not...

If they are planning to have Milford at the back, he deadset needs to shed 12+ kilos between now and kickoff of the Trials in February. We just cannot play him at Fullback if he's just gonna be slow and predictable.
I'd be surprised if Seibold isn't trialling Croft at 7, Dearden at 6 and Milford at 1. Might not hit the park in game one, though.

I'd be surprised if Seibold isn't trialling Croft at 7, Dearden at 6 and Milford at 1. Might not hit the park in game one, though.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind it, but firstly Milford needs to be fit and firing again and Dearden needs to be marinated more. I think that will take at least one full season.

1. Isaako/Bird
6. Milford
7. Croft
9. Turpin

Will be the go in 2019.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind it, but firstly Milford needs to be fit and firing again and Dearden needs to be marinated more. I think that will take at least one full season.

1. Isaako/Bird
6. Milford
7. Croft
9. Turpin

Will be the go in 2019.
To be honest, I don't know where the **** I'd play Milford. His lack of direction and pointless bombs were a big part of the reason this season's attack looked so impotent. I can't really argue for or against either position as long as he's not a turnstile in defence.

Boyd and Macca are easier: move the former further away from the football, and the latter completely away from the football.

I reckon Milf is on the outer. I suspect he is fullback with the ultimatum to make it work or take the Tigers offer.

After thinking about it a bit more, I think this will be our 1-7 to start the season. I don't think it's our best backline, but I think it's what Seibold will go with.

1. Bird
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Croft

Pros:
  • More touches for Bird, get to see what he's capable of in a more dominant position
  • If Boyd is going to have a positive year, left centre is realistically his only chance
  • Staggs & Isaako combination was working well in attack towards the end of last season
Cons:
  • Bird is an unknown quantity at Fullback, will need to improve his ball playing and kicking game to make it his own
  • Boyd is still in the team
  • Don't get the opportunity to see what Isaako can do at Fullback

1. Isaako/Bird
6. Milford
7. Croft
9. Turpin

Will be the go in 2019.

Mmmmm marinated. Homer drool [emoji1786]

In line with the headline, I also hope this signing doesn’t lead the Broncs backward.

Last edited:
Do you think even with the weight loss he would get his agility back to a level to be damaging? And what about his defence if he loses the weight it could get even worse.... although at 1 he has a much lower work load and less big bodies to tackle could help him be more explosive with the ball, that's if he doesn't have to worry about steering the team around.

Brodie was with us until the age of 15 Pagey when we cut him loose and Melbourne snapped him up.

Thought so , how hard is it to report actual facts . We didn't overlook him we just didn't think he was going to make the cut after having him.

Do you think even with the weight loss he would get his agility back to a level to be damaging? And what about his defence if he loses the weight it could get even worse.... although at 1 he has a much lower work load and less big bodies to tackle could help him be more explosive with the ball, that's if he doesn't have to worry about steering the team around.

In the good teams, the fullback is hardly put under any real pressure at all anyway except in the attacking 20. If Milf can't even handle that then he's clearly not the answer to our problems.

To be honest, I don't know where the **** I'd play Milford. His lack of direction and pointless bombs were a big part of the reason this season's attack looked so impotent. I can't really argue for or against either position as long as he's not a turnstile in defence.

Boyd and Macca are easier: move the former further away from the football, and the latter completely away from the football.
Macca might be more valuable if the 7 6 and 1 and stable and doing their job, you can't deny his work ethic and guts in defence but yeah I think we looked better with turps last year, I would start him but we have a solid back up 9/13 at worst and the contract is done so it is what it is..

In the good teams, the fullback is hardly put under any real pressure at all anyway except in the attacking 20. If Milf can't even handle that then he's clearly not the answer to our problems.
His defence has always been the most questionable factor to me, the great halves Johns, Thurston, Cronk, Freddy, to a lesser extent Lockyer have all had at a minimum decent defence, at times Anthony can be okay but more often then not he gets driven back 5m before others have to rush in, leaving us on the back foot and short in numbers, and near the line he gets beaten way to easy sometimes which hurts us

I reckon Milf is on the outer. I suspect he is fullback with the ultimatum to make it work or take the Tigers offer.
How can he make it work in the preseason?

Active Now

• Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • thenry
  • Lozza
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.