NEWS Seibold fingers Macca

What comments? Siebold specifically said the job's not done until the ball's in Macca's hands.

I believe he may have been referring to the comments under the article, most of which do indeed refer to Macca as the problem.

Edit: In fairly poor taste

Last edited by a moderator:
Jake Turpin's crisp service and ruck speed will be wasted in ISC.

We will never win the premiership if we keep persisting with mediocrity spearheading our offense.

Remember James Segeyaro? Yes, the one that walked out on his contract with Leeds Rhinos at the end of 2016… Well after failing to find an NRL club for 2019, he is now working in a local coffee shop.
Segeyaro walked out on the Rhinos prior to the 2017 Super League season to return to the NRL, however he is now without a club after Cronulla Sharks failed to find room on their cap to retain him.
As a result, the 28-year-old is working in a Sydney coffee shop with retired New Zealand winger Jason Nightingale and is hoping an NRL club comes in for him before the new season.
“I’m in the middle of no man’s land at the moment,” Segeyaro told Nine News Sydney.
“Every footy player knows how daunting it is when you don’t have a club. I haven’t got paid since October.”
After signing a two-year deal with Leeds in September 2016, Segeyaro walked out of the contract just two months later and only avoided court after the Rhinos agreed a settlement with Cronulla in March 2017.
Two seasons on and with the Sharks deciding not to keep the former Papua New Guinea international, he has been unable to sign a deal elsewhere despite speaking to a number of teams.

James-Segeyaro-coffee-shop.jpg

“I was talking to clubs prior to the season and I thought I was going to be sweet but fast forward to now and it’s pretty tough,” Segeyaro explained.
“I was close to getting signed but a lot of things go into it that you don’t even realise. I’m ready to go and I’m pretty sure every club knows my capabilities.”

Seibold seems like he's got some pretty good ideas so far but I'm not so sure about this technique... I suppose if slipping Macca a couple of digits Hoppa style doesn't motivate him he can try pulling him off before half time?

Seibold seems like he's got some pretty good ideas so far but I'm not so sure about this technique... I suppose if slipping Macca a couple of digits Hoppa style doesn't motivate him he can try pulling him off before half time?

Bahahaha! Love it !!

You ruined the chance of a perfect comeback mate.
You're supposed to say 'pull him off AT half time'. It then allows me to pipe up and say Really! Our coach only gave us oranges at half time.

You ruined the chance of a perfect comeback mate.
You're supposed to say 'pull him off AT half time'. It then allows me to pipe up and say Really! Our coach only gave us oranges at half time.
Lol yep I fucked it up! An oldie but a goodie.

Remember James Segeyaro? Yes, the one that walked out on his contract with Leeds Rhinos at the end of 2016… Well after failing to find an NRL club for 2019, he is now working in a local coffee shop.
Segeyaro walked out on the Rhinos prior to the 2017 Super League season to return to the NRL, however he is now without a club after Cronulla Sharks failed to find room on their cap to retain him.
As a result, the 28-year-old is working in a Sydney coffee shop with retired New Zealand winger Jason Nightingale and is hoping an NRL club comes in for him before the new season.
“I’m in the middle of no man’s land at the moment,” Segeyaro told Nine News Sydney.
“Every footy player knows how daunting it is when you don’t have a club. I haven’t got paid since October.”
After signing a two-year deal with Leeds in September 2016, Segeyaro walked out of the contract just two months later and only avoided court after the Rhinos agreed a settlement with Cronulla in March 2017.
Two seasons on and with the Sharks deciding not to keep the former Papua New Guinea international, he has been unable to sign a deal elsewhere despite speaking to a number of teams.

James-Segeyaro-coffee-shop.jpg

“I was talking to clubs prior to the season and I thought I was going to be sweet but fast forward to now and it’s pretty tough,” Segeyaro explained.
“I was close to getting signed but a lot of things go into it that you don’t even realise. I’m ready to go and I’m pretty sure every club knows my capabilities.”
I think this has more to do with Segs as a person not as a player. People know he can play but they also know a lot more about him then we do. I get the feeling his influence on others is that issue. He may not be the worst behaved individual going around but if he encourages extra drinking and partying he could be a bad influence on our young players and recovering abusers in the team. Most teams have similar issues they have to think about and maybe its is just not a gamble worth taking. You need everyone thinking about a premiership not the post game hangouts and brofests.

Unfortunately (or fortunately if your not a certain type of player), the era where certain off-field incidents can be swept under the rug are well and truly gone. The 24-hour news cycle demands the feeding of clickbait, and the powers that be that run these news sites will never give up a story of bad behaviour.
Whilst young men will make mistakes, some of the recent points to a positively poisonous relationship with alcohol and drugs that have been left to fester too long. That women are treated as little more than accessories by some, and others having no understanding of what lewd actions can cause to their careers speaks volumes to failure from the highest to lowest levels of rugby league.
The NRL, clubs and soon the vast majority of players have woken up, after several years of scandal that the status quo is not good enough. It will likely cost a few very promising players and a lot of others with potential but if it leads us to place without NRL players facing jail time, beating up girlfriends on tv, wrecking and terrorizing families, or just generally being obnoxious for the sake of it, it will be worth it.
Perhaps Segeyaro will get another chance, perhaps not. I just hope, if he does he proves he has earned it and learnt from what has left him serving coffee instead of doing what he loves. If not, he will learn the skills for a modern footballer run deeper than tries and tackles and extend to their value as members of society as well, that does not elevate them from sanction based on skill.

Unfortunately (or fortunately if your not a certain type of player), the era where certain off-field incidents can be swept under the rug are well and truly gone. The 24-hour news cycle demands the feeding of clickbait, and the powers that be that run these news sites will never give up a story of bad behaviour.
Whilst young men will make mistakes, some of the recent points to a positively poisonous relationship with alcohol and drugs that have been left to fester too long. That women are treated as little more than accessories by some, and others having no understanding of what lewd actions can cause to their careers speaks volumes to failure from the highest to lowest levels of rugby league.
The NRL, clubs and soon the vast majority of players have woken up, after several years of scandal that the status quo is not good enough. It will likely cost a few very promising players and a lot of others with potential but if it leads us to place without NRL players facing jail time, beating up girlfriends on tv, wrecking and terrorizing families, or just generally being obnoxious for the sake of it, it will be worth it.
Perhaps Segeyaro will get another chance, perhaps not. I just hope, if he does he proves he has earned it and learnt from what has left him serving coffee instead of doing what he loves. If not, he will learn the skills for a modern footballer run deeper than tries and tackles and extend to their value as members of society as well, that does not elevate them from sanction based on skill.
I get and agree with your point but I do have a genuine question.
I played both union and league (admittedly a long time ago) and of the two of them union had the greatest alcohol culture. Nowadays league seems to have a much bigger reported problem.
Has union managed to turn their culture around (for the most part) or has league gotten worse or at least been more closely scrutinised by the media?
Very interested to hear your opinions.

bigger reported problem.

Ha. If you think league has a so-called problem with drugs, try hanging out with journalists or anyone in TV. The shit would really hit the fan if the media were ever drug tested. I'd love to see the likes of Karmichael Hunt call out their hypocrisy.

Ha. If you think league has a so-called problem with drugs, try hanging out with journalists or anyone in TV. The shit would really hit the fan if the media were ever drug tested. I'd love to see the likes of Karmichael Hunt call out their hypocrisy.

Last I checked, people in that industry aren't professional athletes lining up weekly to win a competition.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Tmac
  • BruiserMk1
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • bazza
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Hoof Hearted
  • pennywisealfie
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • RodF
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.