NEWS Seibold fingers Macca

I get and agree with your point but I do have a genuine question.
I played both union and league (admittedly a long time ago) and of the two of them union had the greatest alcohol culture. Nowadays league seems to have a much bigger reported problem.
Has union managed to turn their culture around (for the most part) or has league gotten worse or at least been more closely scrutinised by the media?
Very interested to hear your opinions.

This. I don't know if it's that the Union stuff is covered up, or simply that journos don't spend their time digging as hard because so few people care about Union. I will say though that the Union kids were able to get away with more, because the better players went to schools who had the $$ and sway to keep things under wraps. Whether that continues in to adult life I'm not sure.

This. I don't know if it's that the Union stuff is covered up, or simply that journos don't spend their time digging as hard because so few people care about Union. I will say though that the Union kids were able to get away with more, because the better players went to schools who had the $$ and sway to keep things under wraps. Whether that continues in to adult life I'm not sure.
Good point. If you gave 500 of the best young male poets an average salary of 250-300k and some of them up to a million then I suspect you would see a lot of the same entitled, atrocious behaviour. The difference is nobody would be interested so it wouldn’t be news.

Last I checked, people in that industry aren't professional athletes lining up weekly to win a competition.

They're professionals with a far greater influence on society, and a huge sway in politics. They really should be held to the highest standards. They won't though, because they all cover up for each other the same way the police do.

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • The Strapper
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • Footy Fanatic
  • thenry
  • Alec
  • johnny plath
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mister Wright
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Spike
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • levikaden
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.