Seibold General Discussion

He also wasn’t able to get the team right for games we were expected to win last year.

We still have it in us even after Wayne gone. We ( I certainly) expected us to win games against Dragqueens, Tigers & Titans (@Suncorp) this season) instead we lost due to poor effort & the team taking those games for granted. On the contrary, the team SHOULDN'T take a L for granted when playing against Storm cheaters. Seibold should address these at the earliest and make the boys turn up week in week out.

It's the performance, attitude and grit that gets us the win not just by turning up on the field on game day.

Last edited:
We still have it in us even after Wayne gone. We ( I certainly) expected us to win games against Dragqueens, Tigers & Titans (@Suncorp) this season) instead we lost due to poor effort & the team taking those games for granted. On the contrary, the team SHOULDN'T take a L for granted when playing against Storm cheaters. Seibold should address these at the earliest and make the boys turn up week in week out.

It's the performance, attitude and grit that gets us the win not just by turning up on the field on game day.

You can add the bulldogs to that list

If we're looking at who to blame for our current predicament lets look directly at our management, ie Paul White. okay and maybe Wayne too.

1. He green-lit Boyd re-signing. Which has lead to a broken spine
2. Totally shat the bed hard with the whole coaching situation.
3. Buying Bird instead of using the money on the current squad or buying a 6.

Seibold (imo) is trying the best he can with what hes got, which is a great forward pack with Alex McKinnon for a spine.

Lets see what happens in the off-season with regards to Boyd then we can start to scrutinize Seibold

If we're looking at who to blame for our current predicament lets look directly at our management, ie Paul White. okay and maybe Wayne too.

Seibold (imo) is trying the best he can with what hes got, which is a great forward pack with Alex McKinnon for a spine.

Lets see what happens in the off-season with regards to Boyd then we can start to scrutinize Seibold

You forgot Seibold.

So you've drawn a line through 2019 because a coach gets a year to muster up courage?

Boyd deserves a testimonial match. You don't quietly sack your captain in the off season.

Last edited:
It’s hard to absolve Siebold of responsibility. He was bought in to make changes one would imagine and he hasn’t made many of the hard ones.

Roberts and Su’A were fairly straight forward. KNik was forced and in hindsight, not the smartest move if he was planning to move Milf to FB. KNik would have been a FAR better half than either Boyd or Turps. The answer at hooker just re-signed but can’t get a game there.

There is a half available who has also looked ok who keeps getting shunted for two guys who have looked far from ok even in the halves for the most part.

There are several very underperforming older heads who seem to be unaccountable and a few young kids who seem to be screaming out for a shot in a dysfunctional back line but can’t get a decent shot over a number of other blokes who are struggling.

It is really hard to see any structure and any time there does seem to be progress, the side regresses alarmingly the very next game and it makes one wonder where the previous week came from.

It is hard to see many positives in terms of what you would expect to be a result of coaching.

Some of the kids do seem to be progressing but is it because of the coach or in spite of him?

I’ve never wavered on giving the guy two seasons and can see excuses for the season for sure but next year changes need to be evident.

It’s hard to absolve Siebold of responsibility. He was bought in to make changes one would imagine and he hasn’t made many of the hard ones.

Roberts and Su’A were fairly straight forward. KNik was forced and in hindsight, not the smartest move if he was planning to move Milf to FB. KNik would have been a FAR better half than either Boyd or Turps. The answer at hooker just re-signed but can’t get a game there.

There is a half available who has also looked ok who keeps getting shunted for two guys who have looked far from ok even in the halves for the most part.

There are several very underperforming older heads who seem to be unaccountable and a few young kids who seem to be screaming out for a shot in a dysfunctional back line but can’t get a decent shot over a number of other blokes who are struggling.

It is really hard to see any structure and any time there does seem to be progress, the side regresses alarmingly the very next game and it makes one wonder where the previous week came from.

It is hard to see many positives in terms of what you would expect to be a result of coaching.

Some of the kids do seem to be progressing but is it because of the coach or in spite of him?

I’ve never wavered on giving the guy two seasons and can see excuses for the season for sure but next year changes need to be evident.

Yeah I don't think it will take us long next year to find out if Seibold is up to it.

1. Boyd was the Australian fullback when re-signed ... no-one could have predicted he would have fallen so far, so fast. although 4 years was too long a contract

2. if we didn't make the change in the off season, then all that would have happened is that we delayed this season by 12 months. complete renovating a teams styles, structures and players takes time ... our injuries in the halves didn't help things

3. at the time of signing Bird, we were chasing a half, it's not the fault of anyone at the Broncos (White, Bennett etc) that the kid decided to destroy his career by taking the Titans massive overs. once that signing fell through, the money was used to retain and upgrade some of our existing squad.

Can I just say, as politely as possible, I think that line about McKinnon is a tad unnecessary. I know you're joking but come on now.

Does anyone else get the sickening feeling that there isn’t any big signings coming over this off season and that we are going to basically field the same team ?
Who would want to play under a potato?

Does anyone else get the sickening feeling that there isn’t any big signings coming over this off season and that we are going to basically field the same team ?
Maybe we won't have any big signings but I highly doubt the team will be the same.

Bit hard with so many flops taking up so much $ in the cap.
I think we were hanging our hat on Bird leaving to sing Croft tbh. Don’t think birds going anywhere. We will learn next year if that’s a good or bad thing. Our current focus needs to be re signing Fifita. I’d let Oates go in order to sign Croft, we need a half far more then we need to keep Oates imo.
I wouldn’t be too upset if we let Milford and Isaako explore their options outside the club also, but I don’t think it’s going to happen.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mustafur
  • jd87
  • Stix
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • RolledOates
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.