NEWS Seibold is already changing the Broncos

1 premiership in 13 years of coaching the highest profile club in the game. That return would lose any coach their position, regardless of previous success. And those results are particularly telling considering how much the game has changed in the last 20 years.

The club had decided to move on, and who can really blame them.

He wasn’t our coach for that whole period.

The puff pieces have zero to do with either Bennett or Seibold. We’ll be getting exactly the same for every coach who has just started with a new team. The difference is, we’re invested in this coaching swap.

It’s only natural that those who wanted Bennett gone are hailing any change as a good one. And those that wanted Bennett to have his final year are not putting much stock in a whistle and boombox.

I’m obviously one of the latter, and I’m not going to pretend otherwise. To be completely honest though, I was happy when Bennett got the sack, not only because it was inevitable, but because it was finally over.

In that though, it disappoints me that the media has so much power even over the Broncos. The moment Bennett was sacked, it was like a pressure valve was released and the negativity towards the Broncos finally stopped. Think of that what you will. Long term it’s a huge positive for the club. But it was obvious that the media wanted their scalp and would not stop until they had it.

All faith in Seibold now. Of all the candidates he was the one, and like I said weeks ago, having the players play under him would give them a taste, whereas it would have been more likely for a bunch of players to follow Wayne when he exited post-2019.

Seibold now has the reigns, and he can get everybody to buy in, if the media can be used to get the greater public on board too, then that can only be a good thing.

I'd rather come 2nd or 3rd than 6th or 7th, sure, but we see things differently.

We haven't been champions or held up the premiership trophy since 2006. Enough is enough. We need our 7th premiership. It has been long enough. Winning the premiership is success.

Agreed, however I won't consider any Melbourne side legitimate until Smith retires, so deduct the years we lost to them in finals matches.

IMO, if the team can develop the grit that was missing since 2015, then Seibold has proven everything.

Everything is a premiership my friend , until then he hasn't proved anything.

He got made a good offer, but Seibold sanctioned the move. He would have been stupid to turn it down anyway.

Tbf to moose, he isn't wrong. We weren't stable.

I don’t think he’s wrong, I think he’s a gronk.

FFS no one is fucking raving about him, simply commenting on what he is currently doing.

Honestly, I give up.
Yeah, they are in fact slobbering up and down his dick at the moment. So yes, people are raving about him. Not necessarily you but plenty are. In my opinion.

I hope theres actual emphasis on winning a minor premiership. It just makes the season better.

Agree to diagree then, I think it's all a load of fluff.

I also think whoever decided to start using the word fluff should be stoned.
Wish I could get stoned. Fucking shits me I have to worry about what I did two weeks ago. Still, the finish line is in sight and I will be able to kill one million brain cells a day until my inevitable wheezing demise.

I liked Wayne but I also thought it was time to move on and it made sense to me to do a straight swap which I posted in August.

WB won a GF in 2010 with a squad he inherited / tweaked. The previous GF win in 2006 was when the cap was different and our squad was practically the Qld side.

The point being since 2006 he hasn't put together a squad which has gone all the way. He doesn't seem to be able to manage the cap that well, IMO, which is bolstered by his recent commitments to Macca, Bird and Boyd and inability to sign a half.
I had an idea the side he inherited he added players to, made a gf and then the following year, after more additions he won the gf. I'd say a bit more than an inheritance and a tweak. I'm all for memories but not a big fan of rewriting history!

Last edited:
I had an idea the side he inherited he added players to, made a gf and then the following year, after more additions he won the gf. I'd say a bit more than an inheritance and a tweak. I'm all for memories but not a big fan of rewriting history!

By my count 12 of the 17 who played the GF were already there when WB arrived.
Might be slightly out but might not be as well.

Boyd, Costigan, Weyman, Fien and Smith can be credited to Wayne. Significant as they certainly are I'm happy to call that a tweak.

Last edited:
By my count 12 of the 17 who played the GF were already there when WB arrived.
Might be slightly out but might not be as well.

Boyd, Costigan, Weyman, Fien and Smith can be credited to Wayne. Significant as they certainly are I'm happy to call that a tweak.
Mmm, my idea of a tweak is two, three at most but as you like.

Active Now

• marw
  • Broncosarethebest
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.