NEWS Seibold slams Broncos' attitude

He needs to be at 5/8 which is his best position. His move to FB was because Boyd was screwing up. Dumb. In fact, because of the obsession with keeping Boyd and Macca, the entire team structure is fucked
He wasn't that great at 5/8 either, or Seibold would never have moved him. Maybe he'd be good enough at 5/8th if we had a brilliant halfback. But we don't have that either.

The problem is Milford is the only one with a step and change of pace, who can run at the line, but we don't seem to see that so much anymore.

Boyd used to have it to, but I can't even remember the last time we saw it. We need that in the halves. I'm not sure SOS or Dearden are the answer there. Turpin clearly isn't.

He wasn't that great at 5/8 either, or Seibold would never have moved him. Maybe he'd be good enough at 5/8th if we had a brilliant halfback. But we don't have that either.

The problem is Milford is the only one with a step and change of pace, who can run at the line, but we don't seem to see that so much anymore.

Boyd used to have it to, but I can't even remember the last time we saw it. We need that in the halves. I'm not sure SOS or Dearden are the answer there. Turpin clearly isn't.

My memory is that Milford was a great 5/8 in a team that didn't particularly gel. He was probably our best over the last 3 years. As for Boyd, I also can't remember him having a step or change of pace in the way that Milford or other halves have. Apart from which, like Turpin, for mine he just doesn't have the talent or skills to be a half. FB, wing centre - yes.

As for Dearden and SOS, I remember both of them taking on the line repeatedly. Turpin, rarely. Funnily enough, when he does, and he did take on the line against the Dogs, he bent it and nearly got through. He is so inconsistent. He is potentially a top shelf hooker being wasted.

I think attitude is as much a playing group thing as it is the coach... maybe more so.

The coach can demand whatever they want, but if you start letting your team mates down or you don't meet the standards that the playing group set out you sure as hell know you won't be in the team for very long.

You'll lose the trust of your team mates and then you'll be gone.

At the moment the leadership group either aren't being hard enough on poor performances, aren't leading by example or they aren't demanding enough respect from the rest of the playing group.

To me I would say it's a little bit of 1 and 2

At the moment the leadership group either aren't being hard enough on poor performances, aren't leading by example or they aren't demanding enough respect from the rest of the playing group.
Nail on the head. Not all of the leadership group are still capable of putting in therefore are unable to criticise others. Big problem.

Nail on the head. Not all of the leadership group are still capable of putting in therefore are unable to criticise others. Big problem.

This and This
[automerge]1567984481[/automerge]
Kind of your fault, coach. Grow a pair and drop *****. Stop being their fucking mates.

Your halves are fucking shit. Your wingers are fucking shit. Sort it the **** out.

This. As a supporter ive had enough. Stupidly frustrating. If turps is picked at 7 and boyd 6 again this week ill lose my shit.

Last edited:
This and This

I guess you will be losing your shit as can't see things changing. I hope to god big changes are made in the off season though.
This. As a supporter ive had enough. Stupidly frustrating. If turps is picked at 7 and boyd 6 again this week ill lose my shit.

This and This

Im dreading team list tuesday.

The spine will be unchanged. You can bank that.

If so, we lose big time. If so, why stress about not getting to the finals?

Then, the only reason for that spine is for Seibold to have sufficient evidence to get rid of Macca and Boyd, or, to fall on his sword for incompetence

Last edited:
So many things ticked me off last match but I think that I do not remember seeing ONE set play from the Broncos in 80 minutes. How in the holy hell do you play 80 minutes and not organize one set play? Bewildering isn't it?

I'm only talking out my arse here but I expect to see this at the start of next season:

1. Milford
9. Macca
7. Dearden
6. Boyd
14. Turpin.

Segeyaro probably leaves.

Any deviation from this would be a pleasant surprise. The only thing that makes me think it mightn't happen is everyone in the RL universe is screaming at Seibold to start Turpin at 9.
[automerge]1567992042[/automerge]
So many things ticked me off last match but I think that I do not remember seeing ONE set play from the Broncos in 80 minutes. How in the holy hell do you play 80 minutes and not organize one set play? Bewildering isn't it?
Maybe they're saving their set plays for the finals. (I don't actually believe this, but it sounds better than the alternatives.)

Last edited:
Maybe they're saving their set plays for the finals. (I don't actually believe this, but it sounds better than the alternatives.)
[/QUOTE]

How they don't take a page say out of the NFL which of course is a different game is beyond me. When you have set plays you quickly find out where you can exploit a defence and you do it over and over again untill they make adjustments. It's not that complicated really.

I don’t think there’s been a set play since Milford put Oates over from a scrum wayyyyyy back in round 4 or 5..? Which makes you wonder, what do they do at training?

Last edited:
I'm only talking out my arse here but I expect to see this at the start of next season:

1. Milford
9. Macca
7. Dearden
6. Boyd
14. Turpin.

Segeyaro probably leaves.

Any deviation from this would be a pleasant surprise. The only thing that makes me think it mightn't happen is everyone in the RL universe is screaming at Seibold to start Turpin at 9.
[automerge]1567992042[/automerge]

That spine is probably realistic without signings. The best we can hope for is Bird at 6 in the Wighton/ Munster mould and Boyd at centre.

That spine is probably realistic without signings. The best we can hope for is Bird at 6 in the Wighton/ Munster mould and Boyd at centre.
I expect Bird will be centre, not Glenn. Unless Seibold can offload him.

Last edited:

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Bish
  • Hurrijo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Porthoz
  • Wolfie
  • Pablo
  • NSW stables
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Maddy
  • bb_gun
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • cento
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.