#seiboldout

NRL fans are fickle and lack patience, which is not to say there is no reason to be disappointed at this season and downright furious at this black mark on our club's proud history.
While not quite comparable, I've seen heaps of chooks fans thrown their bundle away and demand Robinson's head after their miserable campaign of 2016.

People will paper over valid concerns and reasons for certain things... for example not demoting Boyd and/or Macca for reasons like the potential impact of such an act upon established and well liked icons could have on a young player group, or Milford's impact on the game both from 5/8 and fullback when the opposition knew he is practically the only option, and invariably the only man to be concerned about on the 5th tackle, or the absolute normalcy in the inconsistency of a such a young team.

Having said that, I did expect more from this season, and was perhaps a bit naive to hope for more from a young coach who inherited a team full of individual youthful talent, but lacked starch and fortitude, with dreadful habits ingrained by multiple seasons of tolerated mediocrity, dreadful decisions and ignorance of glaring deficiencies.
Those deficiencies (probably one of the worst spines in the competition and outside of the occasional team list marred by injuries, certainly the worst of the Broncos ever) came home to roost, and the most experienced heads who should attempt to steer the ship (Glenn excepted and I will give Gillo an off season to get right), were the ones actually being carried by the enthusiastic youth.

I will patiently await the results from the multiple reviews and consequent actions over the off season, and will grant Seibold a full reset from next season onward.
Of course, I will be the first to start yelling for his head on a pike if he persists with Turpin at halfback or Boyd at 5/8 to start with...

I honestly can't recall any Broncos side ever defending as consistently poorly as this one.

The Parramatta hiding has blown the Bulldogs hiding the week before into the distant past, but honestly that was arguably just as bad given the quality of the opposition. Then you had the Melbourne hiding prior to that. We've been badly flogged more times this year than I can stand to recall.

I've been keeping track of it.

The most 13+ losses in recent history was 2009 with 9. This year Brisbane finished with 7 13+ which equalises their record from 2018.

13+ is usually the standardized measurement for a comprehensive loss. I propose there should be a 30+ margin for absolute massacres. In which case, 2009 was still worse with 5 30+ losses, but this iteration wasn't far behind with 4 and really lucky to escape with one loss which was by 28 points.

I've been keeping track of it.

The most 13+ losses in recent history was 2009 with 9. This year Brisbane finished with 7 13+ which equalises their record from 2018.

13+ is usually the standardized measurement for a comprehensive loss. I propose there should be a 30+ margin for absolute massacres. In which case, 2009 was still worse with 5 30+ losses, but this iteration wasn't far behind with 4 and really lucky to escape with one loss which was by 28 points.
We had four 13+ losses in the one game just this weekend gone! 😂

Last edited:
If you can believe it we actually conceded more points last year... 500 compared to 489 this year.

We had a reasonable period post origin up till basically the dogs game (Melbourne excluded)

Still, you're telling us we've conceded almost 1000 points over 2 years. That is just unacceptable ANYWHERE, let alone the Broncos.

Still, you're telling us we've conceded almost 1000 points over 2 years. That is just unacceptable ANYWHERE, let alone the Broncos.
If I've heard it once I've heard a thousand times " Good defence begins and ends with attitude". In short, defence is all about attitude and many of the senior Broncos attitudes stink to high heavens.

If I'm Hodges I'm probably waiting patiently for the Queensland job. By then Queensland's next generation should be on the rise and he'll have Coached most of them in U20's Origin already.
But he's stated he wants to coach the Broncos.

If Seibold doesn't admit and take responsibility to his fundamental error of placing players out of position then I reckon the players will turn on him. I mean, the players are copping most of the blame for playing poorly. Fair enough, but they can't play well in a position they're not familiar with and become a cohesive unit. Seibold might lose the trust of the locker room.

This is probably what will happen with Boyd, Mccullough etc..they'll be "put on notice" and nothing will really change and they suit up again in 2020. The Eels game should've been the final straw for some of them, not the final warning.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.