Select the NSW 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I know this is the Queensland thread, but I thought I'd give a shot at naming what I'd be most afraid of NSW to pick.

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Mansour
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Josh Dugan
6. TBA
7. TBA
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Beau Scott
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen (c)

14. David Klemmer
15. Andrew Fifita
16. Paul Vaughan
17. Ryan James

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Predict the Queensland 17

I know this is the Queensland thread, but I thought I'd give a shot at naming what I'd be most afraid of NSW to pick.

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Mansour
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Josh Dugan
6. TBA
7. TBA
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Beau Scott
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen (c)

14. David Klemmer
15. Andrew Fifita
16. Paul Vaughan
17. Ryan James
I'm worried about those halves too... they're the best NSW has to offer!

I think if NSW are going to pick Dugan, it has to be at centre.. And it has to be the side Gagai is on.

I don't rate Dugan as highly as other people.. I think he is just a white version of Hoffman.. But he is a strong runner of the ball. He would destroy Gagai.

If Ferguson had decent defense he would be a lock in for me.

I think if NSW are going to pick Dugan, it has to be at centre.. And it has to be the side Gagai is on.

I don't rate Dugan as highly as other people.. I think he is just a white version of Hoffman.. But he is a strong runner of the ball. He would destroy Gagai.
Dugan might be similar to Hoffman, but at least he's actually a really good runner of the ball, Hoffman is nothing special in that regard.

Dugan would probably be the first fullback the Blues would pick. He has performed at Origin level, he doesn't shy away from the big moments and he was by far and away the best NSW player last year.

I wish NSW would pick Dugan at fullback, especially when Tedesco and possibly soon Moylan are available. He runs strongly, but he's definitely Hoffman when it comes to passing, linking in plays etc.

2017 nsw side

1. james tedesco
2. brett morris
3. jack wighton
4. michael jennings
5. josh mansour
6. blake austin
7. aidan sezer
8. aaron woods
9. robbie farah
10. james tamou
11. greg bird
12. boyd cordner
13. paul gallen

14. andrew fifita
15. paul vaughn
16. david klemmer
17. nathan peats

this for me wont be the side but for me this is the side that i belive will have the most chance to be competitive against the mighty maroons, and the only thing that i wasnt sure is aidan sezer, tbh i believe he is the most underrated player in the game and use probably wont agree but for me its sezer or reynolds

2017 nsw side

1. james tedesco
2. brett morris
3. jack wighton
4. michael jennings
5. josh mansour
6. blake austin
7. aidan sezer
8. aaron woods
9. robbie farah
10. james tamou
11. greg bird
12. boyd cordner
13. paul gallen

14. andrew fifita
15. paul vaughn
16. david klemmer
17. nathan peats

this for me wont be the side but for me this is the side that i belive will have the most chance to be competitive against the mighty maroons, and the only thing that i wasnt sure is aidan sezer, tbh i believe he is the most underrated player in the game and use probably wont agree but for me its sezer or reynolds

What are you on?

A) Brett Morris will be injured for Origin
B) Jack Wighton over Josh Morris? Lmao
C) Your 2 halves have played 1 first grade game this season
D) No Beau Scott?
E) Nathan Peats lmao

What are you on?

A) Brett Morris will be injured for Origin
D) No Beau Scott?
E) Nathan Peats lmao

He did say the 2017 side, so argument A is out. Everything else is valid.

Re: Predict the NSW 17

What's so funny?

Morris has played 13 games for NSW and has little to show for it. With the ball he doesn't pose much of a threat and his defence isn't what it's cracked up to be. He was a stop-gap option and every position should be up for grabs after the 52-6 embarrassment.

Wighton is one of the most up and coming talents in the game. While it's an outside chance, if he plays the type of footy he's capable of he'll pose a bigger threat than Morris.

Big ifs and I doubt the selectors will have the balls but certainly not the dumbest selection I've seen.

At least he had a go.

According to most, he's got it half right as well.

D) No Beau Scott?

Good early season form shouldn't guarantee you an Origin spot.

Scott has been fine at this level, but NSW have to start considering other options to trouble the Maroons moving forward.

Again, it's not out of the question.

E) Nathan Peats lmao

When fit, he's the second best hooker at NSW disposal and can play in the backrow for added versatility.

All is not right in Farah-land and Queensland have figured Ennis out.

I mostly like broncoboy's side. I just don't rate Fifita at all in Origin, and I'm not quite sure about Mansour at higher levels (but then NSW doesn't exactly have a lot of standout options anyway), but other than that it's quality.

How about Ferguson on the wing?

You couldn't trust him in the centres, but he's one of the most talented outside backs in the game and seemingly handled the role in his one and done game back in 2013.

It gives the Blues a nice go to option and if you're really desperate for points you could have him swap into the centres for a set, no harm, no foul.

Another smokey is Tom Trbojevic. The way he's adapted to first grade is nothing short of remarkable and he's capable of plays that players simply dream of. He's certainly in the conversation for me.

As is his brother Jake Trbojevic in the Dallas Johnson role. Origin relies so heavily on your ruck defence and I can't think of too many players better than Jake at this time. He's one of my favourite defenders in the game at the moment.

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Mansour
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. William Hopoate
6. James Maloney
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. David Klemmer
15. Aiden Tolman
16. Ryan James
17. Tyson Frizell

Obviously the Dugan/Tedesco is the biggest conversation and I'm not sure what Laurie will go with. They have made a few poor decisions with their backline over the last few years and I feel like this year they will try and pick the best players and not the best team. It's still early, but apart from the halves, this is what I think he will go with.

1. James Tedesco
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Josh Dugan
4. Michael Jennings
5. Josh Morris

8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Beau Scott
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. Blake Austin
15. Andrew Fifita
16. David Klemmer
17. Boyd Cordner/Josh Jackson

It's hard to speculate about the halves with so many out injured early in the season. Reynolds for mine isn't an origin player. I've always thought Maloney should have been chosen on a regular basis the last few series but he has had some trouble this season finding his feet. I'm not sure you could pick Pearce but he always finds away to slip into Daley's 17.

I chose my team based on in-form players and long-term incumbents. I chose this team with defense being the primary focus.

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Mansour
3. James Roberts
4. Josh Morris
5. Blake Ferguson

8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Tony Williams
12. Luke Lewis/Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen (he is never going to be left out)

14. Paul Vaughn
15. Junior Paulo
16. Trent Merrin
17. Josh Jackson/Boyd Cordner

Ferguson has been a shithouse defender at centre so far this season so I can't pick him in that position. Dugan has been found out on the wing whenever he has played at rep level. I've never been a fan of Jennings, he has had a patchy start to the year and you can't lock in every player from last series.

I think Wade Graham makes the team personally.

If James Roberts maintains the form he is in he will be very hard to ignore. He is a real smokey this year.

What's so funny?

It's funny because it's wrong, there's no scenario in which Josh Morris isn't selected when healthy.

According to most, he's got it half right as well.

According to most? I haven't seen any suggestion from anyone that Sezer or Austin is even a chance for origin this year, Pearce, Hodkinson, Maloney, J.Reynolds, A.Reynolds are all still above them in the pecking order.

Good early season form shouldn't guarantee you an Origin spot.

I'm willing to guarantee that Beau Scott is in the NSW side.

When fit, he's the second best hooker at NSW

If I was fit I'd be the second best hooker at NSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.