OLD THREAD!! Selwyn Cobbo rejected 5 clubs to stay loyal to Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is amazing just how over rated Latrell Mitchell is.

In my mind...he's done **** all to be posted as a League great.
Two premierships origin etc.

was the best centre in the game and has transitioned to fb where he’s probably in the top half dozen players there.
And he’s like 24

pretty handy resume so far.

A grade fuckwit tho

Coates will probably kick on next year but for us, he hasn't really eventuated into the player everyone hoped he would.

Early on in his first few games he scored a big leaping try against Manly I think it was, from then on I just expected (like most other Brisbane fans) that he would have a whole collection of tries like that, he's jumped above them to score a few times but it's hardly something that he pulls off every 2nd or 3rd game.

I do think he will be a hell of a player in time once he grows into his body but he cannot be compared to likes of GI as he was in his early days, he doesn't have a fend or any of that. He runs fast and jumps high, he still has to improve a lot defensively and obviously needs to become a bigger body bringing the ball out of trouble, which I believe he will do.

I don't see Fox and the press absolutely giving to the Dogs for failing to land Gould! the fact is simply reported and they move on. If that was the Broncos trying to sign someone it would be all over the place and we'd be getting bagged royally as a club who no longer can attract the people we want.

I don't see Fox and the press absolutely giving to the Dogs for failing to land Gould! the fact is simply reported and they move on. If that was the Broncos trying to sign someone it would be all over the place and we'd be getting bagged royally as a club who no longer can attract the people we want.
ie. our constant failed approaches at Bellamy

Because essentially no one who buys newspapers gives a **** about the Bulldogs.

Two premierships origin etc.

was the best centre in the game and has transitioned to fb where he’s probably in the top half dozen players there.
And he’s like 24

pretty handy resume so far.

A grade fuckwit tho
Why is the general consensus that he is a fuckwit? he had some contract BS - but a lot of players do.

He seems like a good guy in every interview, standing up for his beliefs etc. yet the media make him out like he is the worst person in the world.

He does have a punch-able face

Why is the general consensus that he is a fuckwit? he had some contract BS - but a lot of players do.

He seems like a good guy in every interview, standing up for his beliefs etc. yet the media make him out like he is the worst person in the world.

Playing for the Rorters will do that to you.

I'm not doubting Latrell as a player, he's one of the best in our game.

However.. he has been in and out of that Origin side and I do believe there is a difference between playing origin and playing origin and have a positive influence on the result.

Take Brenko Lee for example, when the headline read "Broncos sign QLD Origin Star".. how disappointed were you all when you realized it was Brenko Lee, who did play Origin but let's be honest here.. he didn't really leave his mark on our series win. That's what I am getting at with Latrell, he's a great player and I have no doubt he will have some great origin moments but he hasn't had any yet and he's not alone in that regard.

There are lots of players who represent their country/state and they get that title of "rep star", when really, they were just filling a hole left by the bloke who was injured.

His multiple Premierships and Origin Jumpers strongly disagree with you.

He comes across like a tool, but honestly, today he's in yet another Origin Camp. What did you do today?
Yes...of course.....I don't know what I was thinking. Every football player should be compared to what you or I did today......

It makes perfect sense. You're a genius.

Reaction GIF

Yes...of course.....I don't know what I was thinking. Every football player should be compared to what you or I did today......

It makes perfect sense. You're a genius.

Reaction GIF
What, are you saying that you aren't a professional league player? How did you get on this forum, isn't that part of the registration?

He acts like a **** and a grub (dirty, nasty tactics to try and hurt players) on the field. He also tries to be a standover merchant. Him and his mate Cody Walker are two peas in a pod.

For mine, that’s what I can’t stand about the bloke.

There is a bit of Justin Hodges about him, you'd love to have him on your team.. but on the other team, you wouldn't mind seeing him get flogged
I don't know... Hodgo was more like getting under your skin and just picking at players until they wanted to bash his head in ... except Ben Creagh

Latrell just takes those cheap shots every single opportunity that they're on... player lying prone, I'll drop my shoulder then get up with a smug smile on my face, because I'm the shit or that's what they've been telling me since I was 12 anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mustafur
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.