Sharks under investigation for salary cap breaches

Discussion in 'Rugby League Talk' started by Unbreakable, Aug 28, 2018.

Sharks under investigation for cheating the cap. Big surprise.

Tags:
  1. Link?

broncospwn likes this.
  2. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

Harry Sack likes this.
  3. Foordy

Foordy

Maybe they'll need to turn that porch light back on

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    theshed likes this.
  4. AndyB

AndyB NYC Player

Well I never...

5. Old Mate

Old Mate NRL Player

**** it’d be good for them to lose that premiership.

6. Battler

Battler NRL Captain

Strip them of 4 points, that'd be fair I reckon!

7. cakeGG

cakeGG NRL Player

So 2016*?

Check NQ while you're at it NRL.

8. Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos NRL Player

Take them out of scenario for this year that would be fair, anyone agree :aaaaa:

9. No, I'd like them to stay in the finals and knock out Melbourne.

10. CaptainHook

CaptainHook NRL Player

Storm in a teacup fellas.

Sharks are a good, tough footy team.

11. Alec

Alec International Rep

It's all a plot to distract from the Roosters! They cheat more than anyone else.

12. Morkel

Morkel

What does the "significance" of the breach matter? If the payment in question was used to retain a player, who also played in the 2016 season under the same contract, why would the amount matter? $250k, or $500, they cheated the cap to retain a player for what would ultimately be a premiership-winning season, strip it.

They haven't mentioned a player / players. I wonder if it has anything to do with the discreet Gallen incident, AKA the actual dude who paid Gallen illegally coming out with it publicly?

JAHHW likes this.
  13. If it has nothing to do with the 2016 season, no foul.

14. Foordy

Foordy

yes and we should all buy this BS that 2016 was the only season in the last 3 that they were clean.

I'm not naive enough to buy that (as has been reported) "there were irregularities in 2015 and irregularities 2017" ... but right in the middle of all of those irregularities, when the won the title, they were clean and cap compliant...

15. Fair enough, I didn't realize that there was some irregularity in the 2017 season. I didn't see that reported. Is there a link?

16. I just found an article saying 2017 may have a breach in it too. Naturally that's not proven yet and all we can really do is wait until the NRL finish their investigation and make our informed observations then. Until then we can only speculate but given the CEO was upfront and called in the NRL and they've been busy investigating for three months it just goes to show that some parts of the NRL are working well. I mean, how did they keep this secret up until now? You'd think the dribbler, Slothfield would have known about it but it wasn't reported until now.

17. Foordy

Foordy

saw it on NRL 360.

18. Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos QCup Player

NZ
    Caught a bit of NRL 360 last night with Luke Lewis & Josh Reynolds.

IMO Lewis started off alright when they asked him about the scandal, but then once Kent (& to some extent Ikin) started sinking his teeth in with some roundabout questions, Lewis got all defensive with his 'don't know how the cap works, I leave it to my manager, I don't know where the moneys coming from'.

Pretty sad to see the convo kinda turn like that (well that's how I felt about it) since both players are on the show every week, and Lewis is retiring, so i don't think he would've really cared because hes out the door anytime in the next few weeks.

It was just weird how they're all goody to each other every other week and then this pops up and then boom, Lewis had a target on his head because he plays @ the Sharks.