NEWS Shock leader in Broncos captaincy race

On the 100% footy programme last night, when the question was put forward "should Lodge be Captain of the Broncos?", Gould's first response was "When, now? No". It seems that Gould believes he has the necessary attributes to be Captain but questions the timing of such an appointment.

Given Gould was the only panelist that has ever met Lodge or had anything to do with him, I would value his opinion over the others.

Slater's comments re: Lodge not being Captain at the Roosters or Melbourne are ill conceived, we don't have the same personnel or experience in our roster.

When Weidler asked Gallen who else if not Lodge, Gallen said he had no idea, which is about right! Gallen and Lodge have had a running battle since Lodge arrived at the club, where Lodge shown Gallen to be an inept liability on tired old legs, handing him 4 from 4 defeats.

Yes there will be some conjecture if Lodge is appointed as Captain, but that will happen if he is appointed this year, next year or in five years time. Even a minority of posters on here remain negative towards Lodge, but that will never change, no matter what positives he provides or how exemplary his behaviour...haters gonna hate.

He has shown he can handle pressure and media scrutiny, he's had more than his fair share! He's a former Junior Kangaroos Captain and most importantly he's the person whom the Coach and players believe can best do the job.

From the pre and post match interviews I've seen, he's no fool and seems to have a very good understanding of the game. I'm not sure where the ill disciplined queries come from, again from what I've seen he appears to be the total opposite. As far as dumb penalties go, I think he's given away minimal penalties in the past two seasons. Probably fresh in everyone's memory is the one during the loss to Parramatta which appeared to be a strategic penalty for holding down when our defence was shot. Dumb penalty, I'm not so sure.

It's been said on here many times that Lodge will follow Bennett, Lodge will leave for more money, Lodge will return to Sydney. Despite all those being possibilities, he has committed to us long term. Lodge has said he has unfinished business here. If the Coach thinks making Lodge Captain is the best way to get that business done, then I emplore Broncos fans to embrace that decision, ignore all outside noise and support Lodge, if that'sthe way they go.

To the best of my knowledge Lodge hasn't set a foot wrong since arriving at the club and from what I've heard he's a thoroughly decent bloke. Clearly he's f#cked up, but he's since owned it, made reparations and done some serious work on his personal development. It's a resounding YES for me, make Lodge Captain.

You'd struggle to find a better debut post than this anywhere on the internet, let alone a forum about Rugby League.

Do not twist my words, i am not inferring he is an idiot or that he is disrespectful to refs, however he does lack some on field discipline and give stupid penalties (i.e holding down penalties, little niggling things).

Working effectively with refs is not just not being disrespectful, it is working out the best way to achieve the best outcome for our team from that specific referee. Some respond to pressure, others respond to a lighter touch and conversations, i dont think lodge has developed the experience to determine which situation calls for which yet.

In the media, you need a well spoken clean skin, or else you and the team look like mugs (i.e. gallen and cronulla).
Have you seen Matt interviewed? He actually is well spoken. He captained the 2015 Jr Kangaroos.

The way I’m looking at it every other teams fans are laughing at us with Boyd as our captin they will not laugh at us with lodge they will hate us and fear us bring it on I say

The way I’m looking at it every other teams fans are laughing at us with Boyd as our captin they will not laugh at us with lodge they will hate us and fear us bring it on I say
Exactly. All the more reason!

They'll boo us. Him. And that'll only make the team play harder and with heart... Which is exactly what they lacked the least two or three years

Yep don't worry all pressure and adversity the boys will be facing with Lodge as Captain will make the team unite and rally around their under pressure captain.

Plenty of good examples of that happening this year like the high pressure semi at Bankwest against the eeelss.........oh wait 🤮

Yep don't worry all pressure and adversity the boys will be facing with Lodge as Captain will make the team unite and rally around their under pressure captain.

Plenty of good examples of that happening this year like the high pressure semi at Bankwest against the eeelss.........oh wait [emoji2961]
Yeah. But that's cause they don't believe in Darius as their leader. And they shouldn't.. I wouldn't

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Porthoz
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.