Should DCE be selected this year?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
He's a name we've seen a lot in the headlines as of late but one thing that hasn't been touched on is his future in the Origin side.

It's fair to say that his performances last year left a bit to be desired and he really didn't do himself any favours with his Four Nations campaign. However after his performance tonight where he completely out-performed Cooper Cronk and was key in Manly's dramatic victory, do you believe he should be in the side and where?

Does he take Cooper Cronk's jersey?

Or does he retain the number 14 while the likes of James Segeyaro & Ben Hunt bide their time?

OR does he miss out entirely?

What do you guys reckon?

Cronk showed how valuable he is last year, it's enough to convince me to let him retire gracefully.

I'd honestly pick Segeyaro on the bench too. Could be our Craig Wing.

If Slater and Smith are there, Cronk is too. The Storm trio's understanding and ability to control games is unparalleled and should not be given up.

Whether or not he gets #14 is dependent on how the season develops but there's no way you look to put DCE into #7. That's a NSW move.

Cronk was out last year for the first time in ages, and we lost for the first time in ages, he'll be there.

I'm more worried about Matt Scott, he's looked very ordinary for the Cows in the first 2 rounds.

Edit: Actually he had 20 hit-ups for 176m, guess he just looked tired as shit when I was watching

Last edited:
Cronk doesn't break his arm last year and QLD are gunning for 10 in a row this year. He's the 7.

Bench utility only and only a starter if Cronk is injured.

Cronk at 7 for sure. I'd still have DCE at 14 though.

I'd prefer Segeyaro as our bench utility but I can't see the Selectors not picking DCE.

I think i may have a different train of thought to some on here...

I don't think we should go down the NSW route.

I think now our streak is over, we should start introducing our young guys into the team, then give them time to adjust (unlike NSW who would select a young guy and then drop him if he didn't impress immediately)

our older guys should start to be gradually remove from the team (although not all at once) and our next generation introduced ...

Unread

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.