Should Mam be sacked?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • No

Votes: 27 50.9%

• Total voters
I'm not sacking him for this alone. But if the club wants him off the roster, for whatever reason, this will provide plausible justification for terminating his contract. Madge has time to observe his chemistry at training, and I'm sure is perfectly capable of making the right decision.

Whatever happens next will be in the best interests of the club and not a knee-jerk reaction to appease vindictive fans.

This is a tough one. Yes he is young and we all do dumb things. First and foremost is he gets the care he needs to sort himself out, and the family involved are all ok. I'd like to see the Broncos make a really tough stand, maybe that's a sacking or a 12 month NRL ban, only plays Qcup, as banning him altogether could send him on a downward spiral.

I'm firmly in the Sack corner. I would go with Madden for 2025. Had slightly less try assists than Mam in 2024 but about half the missed tackles per game. We have Rogers, Clickbait Latrell and even bloody Bootstrap Bill that could don the 6 jersey if we get in another injury pickle. Wouldn't need to replace Ezra, we are stacked in the 5/8 dept, particularly with guys who can run straight into defence like 2024 Ezra.

Can use the cash to keep Cobbo and Staggs because we have literally no other fullback option other than Cobbo if Walsh goes down.

I'm not sacking him for this alone. But if the club wants him off the roster, for whatever reason, this will provide plausible justification for terminating his contract. Madge has time to observe his chemistry at training, and I'm sure is perfectly capable of making the right decision.

Whatever happens next will be in the best interests of the club and not a knee-jerk reaction to appease vindictive fans.

Is this a reference to fans on here? I think overall, the response on here has been pretty balanced and interesting overall.

Is this a reference to fans on here? I think overall, the response on here has been pretty balanced and interesting overall.
I'm distinguishing the factions of commentary on this theme. The fans are always the most extreme in needing to see blood.

I haven't seen one media commentator, player past or present, or non fan call for punishment above and beyond the courts.

I think fans are sick of the pre-season circus that comes around every year and Ezra is collateral damage.

I for one am sick of the line in the sand that seems to move every time something happens. If we go on last year - the line in the sand will have moved from drunken arguments in the valley to driving booted up head on into a car full of children.

If last years line in the sand can be crossed and they aren't going to sack Ezra for this, what does a bronco need to do to get sacked? If we go on TC Robati's form, raping a member of the public seems to be where the line is. That's pretty poor when you see them talk about standards off the field. Surely we are better than that.

If the allegations are true then yes he's gotta go imo. Pretty terrible behavior and too serious, regardless of your age or if it's a first time or if you're a good bloke.

That's first and foremost but there's some other considerations:
- The club needs a turning point. Nothing changes with the usual suspension, fine, education etc
- It wouldn't be good having this distraction hanging around for months or potentially all season (or longer?).
- If he's not sacked and there's another incident in the near future from a Broncos player there is gonna be a meltdown lmao, and attention would really be turned on Dave Donaghy and co and probably rightfully so.

And there I was thinking that I was definitely either on your ignore list, or you were just rude and arrogant. Silly me.

+1 for finally acknowledging me.

I ignore no one .
Rude and arrogant ? Because I didn`t reply to your post ? That`s some psychological intrigue right there ...

There is a real leadership vacuum at the Broncos at the moment, similar to 07-09 when Hunt became the dominate voice of the younger players and it didn't work out well. Broncos had mass fines and four sackings in 12 months in that period.

Lockyer was still there but like Reynolds he wasn't the voice being listened to by the younger players.
Heard something this morning about Reynolds has tried pulling them into line and Carrigans said to leave them alone.
Have you heard anything similar going on?

I think fans are sick of the pre-season circus that comes around every year and Ezra is collateral damage.

I for one am sick of the line in the sand that seems to move every time something happens. If we go on last year - the line in the sand will have moved from drunken arguments in the valley to driving booted up head on into a car full of children.

If last years line in the sand can be crossed and they aren't going to sack Ezra for this, what does a bronco need to do to get sacked? If we go on TC Robati's form, raping a member of the public seems to be where the line is. That's pretty poor when you see them talk about standards off the field. Surely we are better than that.
@Sproj This is what I mean about "fans" needing to see blood.

Fair. I guess it also happened a lot with Kevvie. Can understand it all though, we are fans of the team and when the players seem to not care about the jersey, it makes some get very riled up.

Exaggeration much ?
You can`t know if he was even under the influence at the time of the crash . Yet you go on social media proclaiming he was driving booted up .
But don`t let the facts get in the way of your hate campaign .
I think your both missing the point. I'll make it simple.

If 2023 valley tiff between players isn't a line in the sand moment, If Ezra Mam's vehicle incident isnt a line in the sand moment... What is? The only player I can think of to get sacked was TC Robati for Rape charges.. My point is, if Ezra isnt sacked for this, what is a sackable offence?

Apart from the car full of kids embellishment, I think he's actually spot on about most of this. We are sick of the circus and there never seems to be any serious deterrent as it keeps happening. There's no leadership at the club.

This is DD's sliding doors moment whichever way it goes re: mam. Not saying they have to sack him, but if they don't and there's another **** up in the not too distant future, he will have failed in his job. That would reinforce that there really is no leaders at the club, from the playing and coaching staff right through to the top.

Additionally testing positive for drugs is different from driving under the influence.

Most medical marijuana patients will fail a road side drug test, despite being sober.
Depends how long it’s been since they’ve consumed it. I’ve passed a road side drug test within 3hrs of smoking.

Would you check into rehab if you didn't have a drug issue? Probably not.

It'll return something with the bloods. Hopefully not JAC style.
People check into rehab for mental health issues all the time.

I'm on the fence, either way they go won't surprise me. If it costs us 4-6 weeks without our #1 6 then flip him now.

I voted sacked because I think that's what will happen.
Personally I'm torn although I don't think another club getting him cheap should be a consideration.
We have to sort our problems first not worry about who might benefit after.
If the Broncos can't make the tough call here then they're incapable of doing it at all.
The club made a hard call to sack Kev and employ Madge for reasons beyond football coaching.
I think they'll make another one here if the second test comes back positive.
There could only be 2 reasons ( correct me if I'm wrong) for him driving into oncoming traffic like that.
1 is he was baked as **** maybe even passed out.
2 he was using his phone. If that's the case that's another charge.
3 tired and dozed off

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • bert_lifts
  • Mr Fourex
  • Strop
  • HVbronco
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • upthebroncs
  • barker
  • Ondi
  • Maddy
  • MrMoore
  • Dash
  • leish107
  • Socnorb
  • Hurrijo
  • Scorchie
  • broncsgoat
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.