VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
Walters would jump at the position because he still loves this club even though they kicked him in the teeth last time round
You can see it still pains him every time we lose

Yeah nah your first coaching job is vital- make a mess of it and you will find yourself a career assistant coach or out of the coaching business for eternity. Kevin Walters turned down the Titans job and is likely very selective and it would be on his terms. A interim coaching job, with players still under contract that Walters would like to get off the cap. And only given half season to prove himself. He would likely decline.

Last edited:
He's not that average he has produced two series wins and two series losses. There's an argument he has taken the role over where Queensland is going in a rebuilding phase and the talent stock levels are not as deep as they were under the hey day in Mal Meninga's rein.

He was unlucky for QLD not to win last year. Moses Mbye messed it up in the dying stages of Game 3 whingeing to the ref instead of getting a quick play ball away. NSW defense was set and rushed out on Cherry Evans forcing him to put up a bomb instead of taking a field goal and the rest his history.

That QLD came within a whisker of winning last year reflects really well on Kevvie’s coaching. Our team was vastly inferior to NSW but we were 10 seconds away from beating them. I think with the right assistants he would do a really good job here.

Not having a go at you mate, but the problem with the suggestion of Walters is that if I were Walters, I would not be taking any position for the rest of the year. I would want a minimum of a three year contract before I would give up the Qld position and his media roles.
Even then, give him next year as well. He would have to prove himself but it can’t be any worse than what we have currently.

Broncos board saying all the right things that
That QLD came within a whisker of winning last year reflects really well on Kevvie’s coaching. Our team was vastly inferior to NSW but we were 10 seconds away from beating them. I think with the right assistants he would do a really good job here.

Exactly. Also if you notice after NSW lost game 1 Brad Fittler made wholesale changes and made up to I think 7 changes for NSW in game 2. After QLD flogging in game 2 all Kevin Walters could do was tinker with the team. QLD just doesn't have the depth particularly in the forwards to make wholesale changes. Peter V'landys said he would like to see another team in Brisbane because he is concerned about QLD stocks are running less which could hamper future State of Origin clashes. I'm not so sure though, state of origin runs in cycles QLD will have its day in the sun again.

Broncos board saying all the right things that

Exactly. Also if you notice after NSW lost game 1 Brad Fittler made wholesale changes and made up to I think 7 changes for NSW in game 2. After QLD flogging in game 2 all Kevin Walters could do was tinker with the team. QLD just doesn't have the depth particularly in the forwards to make wholesale changes. Peter V'landys said he would like to see another team in Brisbane because he is concerned about QLD stocks are running less which could hamper future State of Origin clashes. I'm not so sure though, state of origin runs in cycles QLD will have its day in the sun again.
We do have a second team, it's just that it plays its home games in Melbourne.

Ok, I've got the solution.

I must warn you, it's out there...

Step 1) Storm say they won't re-sign Smith due to the Harry Grant situation.

Step 2) Broncos sign Cameron Smith on a 1 year deal for 2021.

Step 3) Craig Bellamy becomes available in 2022.

Step 4) Sign Craig Bellamy as Head Coach on a 3 year deal. (2022-24)

Step 5) Sign Cameron Smith on a 3 year deal as an Assistant Coach.

Step 6) Once Bellamy retires at the end of 2024, Cameron Smith takes over as Head Coach in 2025 with a few years of assistant coaching under his belt.

Step 7) Profit?

Five years before a premiership? No thanks

Walters just re-signed with Queensland, so you can cross him off the list.

Anyone know what the secret phone calls article is about on courier Mail? Not a subscriber.

It is neither here nor there. QRL or NSWRL never stand in the way of a club appointment so if he was to come to the Broncos the contract wouldn’t stop him.

Correct. He got us very, very close last year with a team that was by some distance weaker in all the key positions compared to NSW. In particular we just don't have a match for Cook and Tedesco, two of the most critical positions on the field in today's game.

I think NSW again are lining up to have a much stronger roster than us, but I think we're closing the gap year by year, and there are some really exciting prospects on the horizon and in the emerging Harry Grant and the continually improving Ponga, I think it's only just around the corner that Queensland will again be able to match it with the best of the Blues.

If Kevvie can ensure that transition takes place smoothly then I think he can enjoy another run of series wins like Mal did.

Anyone know what the secret phone calls article is about on courier Mail? Not a subscriber.
No real meat in there. Craddock says:

"The club’s board met on Friday to discuss and also talk with Seibold but before the meeting had several lengthy phone calls with players who expressed concern at the widening lack of rapport between the coach and some players, a disconnect further exposed by their cringe-worthy lack of on-field commitment."

It might very well be true, but it's like those stories that cite a "source close to the President, who asked to remain anonymous." Journalists are free to completely make shit up with taglines like that. The Washington Post and NY Times make their bread and butter out of it. It's basically rumour-mongering.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Behold
  • Justwin
  • bazza
  • Kev_Guz
  • kman
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.