VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
Signing Seibold to a 5 year deal after 1 good season at Souths is like marrying the first chick you shag. It's time for the broncos to wet their end with another coach.

Thinking about it now, a part of the reason why they went hard after Seibs when it was clear Bellamy wasn’t leaving Melbourne, is they wanted a coach that had ties to the club which Seibold had in being a former player here. It makes sense as besides Wayne, the only coaches we have had were all assistant coach or under 20’s graduates in Henjak and Griffin. I think they are trying to follow the Manly mantra of having someone with their DNA to lead the club because they believe that’s what would connect with the playing group.

If that is the case, Madge was never going to get the job full stop. And I reckon with the failings of the previous 2 coaches that came up through the assistant roles, they probably wanted to go a different route and recruit a coach for outside the clubs walls which would have ruled Demetrious out as well. So it was probably always a 2 man race between Seibold and Walters.

So if they wanted a coach out there that would fit that club DNA criteria, Bellamy, Walters, Seibold or Demetrious were their options. And obviously Seibold was always going to be the front runner there once Bellamy was ruled out considering he was the only one with any NRL head coaching experience and had just won the Dally M coach of the year in his rookie season.

So realistically, without the benefit of hindsight, signing Seibold wasn’t a bad choice. Signing him to a 5 year deal with an option in his favour for a 6th whilst sacking a club legend a year early in the process who made the club what it is what was the wrong move. That would be like Manchester United sacking Fergie a year early so they could bring in David Moyes.

Thinking about it now, a part of the reason why they went hard after Seibs when it was clear Bellamy wasn’t leaving Melbourne, is they wanted a coach that had ties to the club which Seibold had in being a former player here. It makes sense as besides Wayne, the only coaches we have had were all assistant coach or under 20’s graduates in Henjak and Griffin. I think they are trying to follow the Manly mantra of having someone with their DNA to lead the club because they believe that’s what would connect with the playing group.

If that is the case, Madge was never going to get the job full stop. And I reckon with the failings of the previous 2 coaches that came up through the assistant roles, they probably wanted to go a different route and recruit a coach for outside the clubs walls which would have ruled Demetrious out as well. So it was probably always a 2 man race between Seibold and Walters.

So if they wanted a coach out there that would fit that club DNA criteria, Bellamy, Walters, Seibold or Demetrious were their options. And obviously Seibold was always going to be the front runner there once Bellamy was ruled out considering he was the only one with any NRL head coaching experience and had just won the Dally M coach of the year in his rookie season.

So realistically, without the benefit of hindsight, signing Seibold wasn’t a bad choice. Signing him to a 5 year deal with an option in his favour for a 6th whilst sacking a club legend a year early in the process who made the club what it is what was the wrong move. That would be like Manchester United sacking Fergie a year early so they could bring in David Moyes.
I tend to agree with your logic, but I have to pull you up on your analogy. Moyes was a half decent coach and did get some success. Siebold has done nothing. Maybe it's more akin to sacking Fergie to bring in Jan Siewert.

Another school of thought is it’s natural on a sliding scale of human psych, it’s just that some feel most comfortable redlining at the NPD end.
I only mention it because my missus is a clinical psychologist who is always pulling me up on making layman assessments. Personality disorder diagnoses in general aren't really her bag. She's really boring like that.

There's supposedly a one question test for detecting narcissists (not to be confused with NPD): simply ask whether they're a narcissist. Answering "yes" and saying it's natural and healthy to be confident in oneself regardless of what other people think, is the indicator. I've had people use that test on me many times, except with the criteria "fucking idiot."

He’s gone. Sack him and give it to any old boy until the end of the season and try to rebuild a bit of culture until we find a decent replacement at the end of the year.

Hodgo have a crack.

**** yeah ! I don’t think anyone would complain if Hodgo gave it a crack!

He wouldn’t take any of the current shit going on in the club either

I kind of got the feeling at the press conference that the coach feels safe because has some powerful friends on the board. This has become a club for the boys it seems sadly.

I knew from the start that Seibs wasn't the right choice and have voiced my displeasure ever since then. The way it all went down was a disgrace and the disrespect the club showed towards Bennett who is the absolute face of the club and the architect of this great franchise will never be forgotten.

It was always going to blow up in their face. An pompous, arrogant rookie coach who had done **** all in the game was going to "take the Broncos to the next level" and handed a rich five year contract to boot. You can't make this shit up. A .640 winning pctg from 2015-18 has now dropped to .406 in the past 32. Instead of climbing that extra level, it has dropped three instead.

But I never envisioned that it would go so bad, so fast. I thought it would be similar to the Hook era where the team competed in most games but lacked that extra motivation to be a contender. We went from a team who went 15-9 in 2018 finishing only two points out of first (maybe 4) and a chance of a premiership according to some to what it is now. A total fucking debacle where the team gets belted every week and is easily the worst side in the comp. All of this in just 32 games. 32 fucking games!!!!

This is all on Seibs and if he isn't canned today, then do it tomorrow. The sooner the mess is fixed, the sooner the Broncos can dig themselves out of this pathetic situation they find themselves in.

Obviously, Kevie is the logical choice. I don't envy the task of digging the Broncos out of the horrible mess that Seibs would leave him in but the players would respond to him. He bleeds Bronco blood and he still adores the club despite being fucked over on plenty of occasions. He would get this club back on track and the improvements would be immediate.

I knew from the start that Seibs wasn't the right choice and have voiced my displeasure ever since then. The way it all went down was a disgrace and the disrespect the club showed towards Bennett who is the absolute face of the club and the architect of this great franchise will never be forgotten.

It was always going to blow up in their face. An pompous, arrogant rookie coach who had done **** all in the game was going to "take the Broncos to the next level" and handed a rich five year contract to boot. You can't make this shit up. A .640 winning pctg from 2015-18 has now dropped to .406 in the past 32. Instead of climbing that extra level, it has dropped three instead.

But I never envisioned that it would go so bad, so fast. I thought it would be similar to the Hook era where the team competed in most games but lacked that extra motivation to be a contender. We went from a team who went 15-9 in 2018 finishing only two points out of first (maybe 4) and a chance of a premiership according to some to what it is now. A total fucking debacle where the team gets belted every week and is easily the worst side in the comp. All of this in just 32 games. 32 fucking games!!!!

This is all on Seibs and if he isn't canned today, then do it tomorrow. The sooner the mess is fixed, the sooner the Broncos can dig themselves out of this pathetic situation they find themselves in.

Obviously, Kevie is the logical choice. I don't envy the task of digging the Broncos out of the horrible mess that Seibs would leave him in but the players would respond to him. He bleeds Bronco blood and he still adores the club despite being fucked over on plenty of occasions. He would get this club back on track and the improvements would be immediate.
Careful, you may get called out on saying 'I told you so', even though you did in fact tell everyone so.

It was an obvious **** up and you nailed your read on the situation.

Courier Mail poll currently. Surprised it's so close.

Screenshot 2020 06 29 Damning poll Have Broncos fans had enough of Seibold

Last edited:
Who reads the courier mail these days?

I'd like to vote but neither option is acceptable. Yes or no would suffice.

Careful, you may get called out on saying 'I told you so', even though you did in fact tell everyone so.

I doubt you'll see anyone calling out Accept for his post because he made it without calling other people idiots for their opinion. Nor is he trying to rub all our noses in it (which you've just done again, surprise surprise). It seems like there's more to how people respond to you on this forum than just your opinions on Seibold and Milford but I don't think you will ever understand that.

Peter Nolan seems to have evaded a lot of criticism so far. As GM of football he’s in charge of our list which is a fucking mess currently. This predates Seibold to a degree. I think he should go with Seibold, with the rest of the football department.

I was reading Wiedler on the SMH site ( I know he's a bit of a muck raker). Anyway he's quoted as saying "An investigation into Moses has revealed the methods he uses to capture talent – with Suaalii a prime example. Moses is understood to have called on three of his biggest clients – Israel Folau (who has now left the Moses stable), Cameron Smith and Anthony Seibold while trying to woo Suaalii.

He then goes on to say "Seibold is also said to have had two meetings with Suaalii and Moses while the teenager was deciding on the way he wanted to proceed with management."

Not sure what the go is here, but is it right that the Bronco's should be helping an agent to fill his stable? Unless of course the signing was coming to the Broncs. It all sounds pretty seedy though. And Anthony's influence was obviously useless as the boy gave Moses a huge swerve and signed for Souths.

Peter Nolan seems to have evaded a lot of criticism so far. As GM of football he’s in charge of our list which is a fucking mess currently. This predates Seibold to a degree. I think he should go with Seibold, with the rest of the football department.
I tell you who's completely flying under the radar, and he's up to his nuts in training our halves: Alfred E Langer.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • davidp
  • Dony Eliakim
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wild Horse
  • Mister Wright
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Rookie Alan
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Dash
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.